AEG Releases 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Report
LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- AEG, the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company, today released its 2023 Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Report. The report includes insights on the company’s initiatives related to its workplace culture, workforce representation, and marketplace impact with supplier diversity, community organizations and fans.
AEG's 2023 Diversity Report (Photo: Business Wire)
“At our core, AEG is about bringing people together and creating memorable and impactful experiences. That is why we continue to invest in and embed DEI into our business operations, and this report illustrates our commitment and progress to date,” said Dan Beckerman, President and CEO of AEG. “While there is more work to be done, we are harnessing the power and passion of our global leaders and employees to build a more equitable workplace, workforce and society.”
Highlights from the AEG 2023 DEI report include:
- An increase in the number of women in the company’s workforce that rose by 3.8% from 39.5% to 43.3%; and an increase in the number of women director level and above which rose 2.7% from 35.2% to 37.9% between January 2022 and March 2023.
- An increase in the number of BIPOC employees in the workforce which rose by 11.3% from 31.2% to 42.5%, and an increase in BIPOC employees director level and above which rose 4.5% from 18.9% to 23.4%, between January 2022 and March 2023.
- An increase in AEGs Employee Network Groups to 16 groups as of October 2023. These groups enable employees to connect and be their authentic selves, find safe space, learn about each other's backgrounds and cultures, and provide learning and development opportunities.
- An increase in the number of business-related organizations that support the company’s supplier diversity program and an expansion of the number of diverse suppliers accessible through the company’s sourcing portal to more than 80,000 nationally.
- Continued cultivation of future talent through partnerships with Black, Latinx, Asian and women’s organizations including HBCUs and the Hispanic Scholarship Fund. At the same time an expansion of the AEG Futures program which offers high school students the opportunity to learn about careers in sports and live music from industry professionals.
"At AEG, we are on a journey to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace, and are taking concrete actions that will lead to meaningful change both at our company and in the communities where we operate,” said Jae Requiro, vice president, DEI for AEG. “We are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent, talent with different backgrounds, lived experiences and perspectives, and are working hard to provide all employees career opportunities and a strong sense of belonging for everyone.”
Click [here] to view AEG’s 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Report.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, AEG is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company. The company operates in the following business segments:
- Music through AEG Presents, which is dedicated to all aspects of live contemporary music performances, including the production and promotion of global and regional concert tours, an extensive portfolio of clubs, theaters and other music venues, concerts and special events and world-renowned festivals such as the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival;
- Venues and Real Estate, which develops, owns and operates world-class venues, as well as major sports and entertainment districts like Crypto.com Arena and L.A. LIVE, Mercedes Platz in Berlin and The O2 in London;
- Sports, as the world’s largest operator of high-profile sporting events and sports franchises including the LA Kings, LA Galaxy and Eisbären Berlin;
- and Global Partnerships, which oversees worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating, and other strategic partnerships.
Through its worldwide network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands and its integrated entertainment districts, AEG entertains more than 160 million guests annually. More information about AEG can be found at www.aegworldwide.com.
AEG Corporate Communications