For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
- The Regency Ballroom - 1300 Van Ness Ave, San Francisco, CA 94109
- The Warfield - 982 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94102
- GUEST SERVICES STAFF
- USHER/TICKET TAKER
- USHER SUPERVISOR
1. Guest Services Staff
Guest Services Staff will act as the primary provider of direct services to guests when they are in a venue. They are responsible for providing a safe environment for all guests beginning the moment they enter the facility. The incumbent will provide a variety of customer service duties on behalf of the venue for its guests, in an expert, professional and friendly manner.
- Answer guest questions, direct guests to important areas of the venue (restrooms, ATM, coat checks, VIP areas, and concert area) and provide additional assistance whenever necessary.
- Operate the various coat check rooms within established guidelines and procedures at the venue.
- Scan tickets for entry into the venue, administer applicable wristbands for event entrance (21+, VIP Access, Private Event Access).
- Great guests and resolve guest complaints, escalating concerns as necessary. Monitor guest conduct to ensure a safe and secure environment for all. Monitor the consumption of alcohol to ensure no under-age drinking is taking place and those guests consuming beverages are doing so responsibly.
- Seat guests and assist ADA patrons.
- Enforce all policies and procedures of the venue. Complete all company and venue required trainings and participate in employee meetings.
- Act as a member of the emergency evacuation team by communicating with and directing guests during a facility emergency.
- Monitor venue during guest arrival and exit to comply with fire department safety regulations.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate by Management and Supervisors.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of 1-2 years of related work experience
- Ability to work in varying conditions
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. without assistance
- Positive attitude with superior customer service skills
- Ability to stand, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time
- Previous experience working in events and knowledge of the music industry preferred
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed according to venue schedule.
2. Usher/Ticket Taker
The Usher/Ticket Taker is responsible for providing excellent customer service at all events, while providing directions and scanning tickets. The Usher/Ticket Taker is also responsible for greeting guests, assisting guests with finding their seats, controlling access points, and assisting guests when issues/problems arise.
- Assist guests with directional and informational inquiries by demonstrating strong knowledge of the facility and event(s).
- Communicate in a professional manner with other building staff, clients, guests, supervisors and corporate staff on important information.
- Work to effectively accommodate guests with disabilities, while complying with facility/event ADA requirements.
- Display a calm and attentive demeanor when rectifying issues with guests.
- Check and scan guest tickets upon entry to the facility/venue or section. Review guest tickets to direct them to the appropriate area.
- Control access points to prevent unauthorized entries.
- Report any activities or behaviors that conflict with facility/event policy or code of conduct to supervisor or Event Manager.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of 0-1 years of related work experience
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Exemplify a strong commitment and willingness to provide excellent customer service
- Maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound judgement; able to make sound decisions
- Available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
3. Usher Supervisor
The Usher Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the usher staff to ensure a superior level of guest service is provided to the guests / customers at the event.
- Supervise usher staff and daily operations and attend supervisor meetings.
- Prepare and conduct Pep Rallies and pre/post show briefings.
- Respond to and problem solve guest complaints and/or concerns.
- Monitor and report all policies and procedures violations; conduct progressive employee counseling with advisement from Assistant House Manager and House Manager.
- Respond to and manage guest behavior issues based on the 1-2-3 approach.
- Communicate with Security base via radio with earpiece if guest behavior requires and escalated response by that department.
- Problem-solve guest ticketing problems in the lobby and at the seats when Ushers have an issue.
- Communicate via radio with earpiece to box office for assistance in resolution.
- Assist in relocation of guests with special needs, i.e., ADA guests, based on seat locations provided by box office.
- Communicate via radio with ear-piece within the department and with other departments regarding issues including but not limited to ticketing, guests with special needs/ADA, guest behavior, guest injuries/illness, broken equipment, safety hazards, VIP guests, etc.
- Monitor uniform inventory and supervise uniform issue (usher) positions.
- Prepare and conduct group interviews and training sessions
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (BA/BS Degree Preferred)
- A minimum of 4 years of related work experience
- A minimum of 4 years work experience as an usher
- Available to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to effectively supervise, motivate and lead a productive team
Pay Scale: Pay Scale varies dependent on venue.
- Guest Services Staff: $19.00-20.00
- Usher/Ticket Taker: $17.00-19.00
- Usher Supervisor: $23.00
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her/their normal description.