For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
GUEST SERVICES – DOOR STAFF
Door Staff will be responsible for ensuring a safe and enjoyable event for concert goers, performers, and fellow team members. This position is responsible for screening guests upon arrival, scanning tickets for entry, checking credentials for backstage and restricted areas, and general crowd control for the entirety of each show. The incumbent will provide a variety of customer service duties on behalf of the venue for its guests, in an expert, professional and friendly manner.
- ID checking and wrist banding patrons over 21
- Greet guests and resolve guest complaints, escalating concerns as necessary. Monitor guest conduct to ensure a safe and secure environment for all. Monitor the consumption of alcohol to ensure no under-age drinking is taking place and those guests consuming beverages are doing so responsibly.
- Enforce all policies and procedures of the venue. Complete all company and venue required trainings and participate in employee meetings.
- Act as a member of the emergency evacuation team by communicating with and directing guests during a facility emergency.
- Answer guest questions, direct guests to important areas of the venue (restrooms, ATM, coat checks, VIP areas, and concert area) and provide additional assistance whenever necessary.
- Credential checks throughout the venue including backstage and restricted areas
- Monitoring external venue areas including parking lots, alleys, and smoking areas
- Identifying and addressing unsafe or disorderly conduct using de-escalation tactics or other best practice methods
- Monitor venue during guest arrival and exit to comply with fire department safety regulations.
- Light cleaning during and after all events
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate by Management and Supervisors.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- Previous experience preferred, but not required
- Reliable, punctual, and regular in attendance
- Ability to work in a loud and fast paced environment
- Ability to de-escalate tense situations
- Ability to work in varying conditions
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. without assistance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude with superior customer service skills, and be team oriented
- Ability to stand, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time
- Strong intrapersonal skills with an outgoing, friendly personality
- Strong listening and verbal communication skills
- Availability to work various hours: nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Previous experience working in events and knowledge of the music industry preferred
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed according to venue schedule.
SALARY RANGE (Depending on Position/Venue/Location/Experience)
- Competitive Wages: Details made available via an interview
- These positions are not eligible for a bonus under the current bonus plan requirements.
- Event based positions are not eligible for benefits through AEG Presents.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.