For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
The Director, Project Management Office is responsible for managing AEG Global Technology's project portfolio through strategic and operational leadership. This role will build close partnerships with various stakeholders across AEG and will be responsible for successful project governance and management. The Director Project Management Office will manage assigned critical programs/projects and efforts to ensure scope is clear, milestones are met and measured while ensuring risks are mitigated while adhering to project budgets. The Director Project Management Office will develop and continue to mature the PMO practice through project management methodologies, processes improvements, enterprise technology governance and staff development.
- Project Management Office Strategy and Governance ◦ Develop and implement a project management framework for the Global Technology division that aligns with the company's strategic goals. Assign dedicated project managers from the Project Management Office to oversee major projects with significant budgets or complex organizational dependencies.
- Leadership ◦ Head the Project Management Office, overseeing recruitment, training, and mentoring of team members. ◦ Foster a cohesive team culture and morale within the Project Management Office and across the Global Technology division. ◦ Cultivate relationships with Global Technology leaders and key stakeholders, while setting and reviewing annual performance targets for direct reports
- Project Management ◦ Oversee project adherence to policies, schedules, budgets, and quality standards. ◦ Generate project documentation, coordinate resource utilization, develop and monitor budgets, and conduct project management meetings. ◦ Manage risk and issue resolution, promote delivery solutions, escalate and conclude 'at-risk' projects, and ensure rigorous change control procedures. ◦ Provide regular project status reports to stakeholder
- Prioritization ◦ Create a project prioritization framework, supplying executive leaders with essential information for assessing and selecting projects based on their potential value, impact, and strategic alignment.
- Tracking and Monitoring ◦ Track all projects that are planned or in progress and provide regular status reports and dashboards to management and stakeholders.
- Expertise ◦ Stay abreast of best practices in project management and engage in professional development to maintain continual growth in professional skills and knowledge essential to the position.
- BA/BS Degree (4-year)
- 6-8 years Related work experience in IT project management, including budget management
- Experience with mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Experience managing client expectations; must be able to anticipate operational and tactical risks and tracks them
- Proven ability to build and effectively manage high-performing, self-managing teams that work well in a complex environment
- Deep understanding of project management concepts (i.e. demand management, prioritization, approval processes, metric and analytic reporting, issue/risk resolution, dependency identification, financial tracking, scheduling, resource management, capacity planning)
- Keen business acumen
- Structured problem-solving skills; ability to identify high-impact issues/risk for executive review
- Extremely detailed oriented with strong organization and time management skills
- Must have strong interpersonal/negotiation skills, including conflict resolution with senior leadership required. Ability to garner support and operate with political savvy
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and ability to adjust style depending on audience
- Solid emotional intelligence with ability to work well under pressure; must be agile and comfortable with change
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio); and ability to learn required business systems
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)-PMI PMP certification preferred
Payscale: $158,455 - $216,076
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description.