Summer Intern, Operations & Event Production (Peacock Theater)
For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
Peacock Theater hosts over 120 music, family, dance and comedy acts, award shows, televised productions, conventions and product launches with over 500,000 guests passing through the doors annually. The 7,100-seat theater offers guests mid-sized intimacy, with no seat further from the stage than 220 feet. Peacock Theater offers 12,000 square feet of VIP & hospitality areas, 10 dressing rooms and state of the art technology making it is a favorite indoor venue for performers and fans alike. Since opening in October 2007 with six sold out shows featuring the Eagles and Dixie Chicks, Peacock Theater has hosted concerts starring the most popular artists including Alan Jackson, Katy Perry, Charlie Wilson, Juan Gabriel, Aretha Franklin, Ed Sheeran, John Fogerty, Gabriel Iglesias, Kanye West, Marc Anthony, Sesame Street Live, John Legend, The Avett Brothers, Neil Young, Steely Dan, Trey Songz, Kelly Clarkson, Rush, Yanni, Nicki Minaj, Juanes, Cat Stevens, The American Idol Finale shows, Michael Jackson’s This is It, Straight Outta Compton, The Hunger Games and Twilight Movie Premieres and many more. Peacock Theater is home to the Primetime Emmy Awards and BET Awards, and has previously hosted the American Music Awards, ESPYs, Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice Awards, People’s Choice Awards, Radio Disney Music Awards, the 2010, 2011 & 2015 MTV Video Music Awards, the 2014 & 2015 MTV Movie Awards and the 2013 & 2022 Rock N’ Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies.
Peacock Theater is centrally located within L.A. LIVE, a 4 million square foot / $3 billion downtown Los Angeles sports and entertainment district adjacent to Crypto.com Arena and the Los Angeles Convention Center also featuring a 2,300 capacity live music venue, a 54-story, 1001-room convention “headquarters” destination (featuring The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles and JW Marriott Los Angeles at L.A. LIVE hotels and 224 luxury condominiums – The Ritz-Carlton Residences at L.A. LIVE – all in a single tower) , the GRAMMY Museum, the 14-screen Regal Cinemas L.A. LIVE theatre, broadcast facilities for ESPN along with entertainment, residential, restaurant and office space, along with Peacock Place and the 20,000+ square feet of LED signage within the entertainment district.
AEG Internship Program offers a real-world experience that allows college students to learn the business of sports and live entertainment. Interns have a unique opportunity to work alongside a team that manages operations and event production at Peacock Theater and L.A. Live.
- Assist various departments that operate within venues to help create successful events at Peacock Theater and L.A. Live
- Complete administrative tasks
- Available during some nights and weekends to assist at events
- Work with internal and external stakeholders
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Proficient in MS Office Products experience (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Teams, etc.)
- Passion for sports and live entertainment
- Highly organized, resourceful, and dependable with excellent interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills, along with heightened interpersonal skills
- Must be able to pivot with grace to accomplish prioritized tasks in a high-paced, results oriented environment
- Ability to multitask on various daily duties and ad-hoc assignments
- Ability to work independently and complete duties within deadlines
- Must be available during some nights and weekends to shadow management during events
- Work on increasingly challenging and engaging real-world projects
- Gain hands-on experience in event planning, marketing initiatives, and business administration
- Collaborate with experienced sales and activation professionals
- Work closely with experienced team members who coach and provide mentorship
- Attend meetings, events, and other networking opportunities
- Corporate networking
- Working for a major entertainment company in a major market while gaining valuable knowledge from successful industry professionals
- Resume review with AEG Talent Acquisition team
- Los Angeles, California (On-site)
Pay Scale: $17.00-$19.00
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
AEG is committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today's business climate.
Anschutz Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law.
This Employer is subject to the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO) (LAMC 189.00)