AXS connects fans with the artists and teams they love. Each year we sell millions of tickets to thousands of incredible events – from concerts and festivals to sports and theater – at some of the most iconic venues in the world. Since our founding in 2011, we’ve consistently pushed the industry forward and improved experiences for fans, making it easier than ever to discover events, find the perfect seats, and enjoy unforgettable live entertainment, and we continue to lead the evolution of our industry today.
We’re passionate about improving the fan experience and providing game-changing solutions for our clients, and we’re always looking for smart, motivated people to help make it happen. Bring your enthusiasm, your big ideas, and your desire to team up with some of the best and brightest in technology and entertainment. Together we keep the world cheering.
Our new General Manager of Stadiums & Arenas will be responsible for all facets of leading and managing the Stadiums & Arenas Business Unit across North America, including implementing plans for the execution of all existing client contracts, managing costs and developing revenue growth. This includes oversight of Account Management, Client Services, Sales, Marketing, Implementation and Ticketing Strategy execution. The incumbent is responsible for AXS efforts in planning and delivery of ticketing products and services throughout the event life cycle to meet or exceed budget.
What you'll do
- Develop and implement a long-term Stadiums & Arenas strategy with the participation of senior management.
- Oversee multiple disciplines (Account Management, Client Services, Ticketing Strategy etc.) associated with Stadiums & Arenas business unit staff.
- Provide direction and oversight for Stadiums & Arenas leadership staff. Ensure the delivery of contract deliverables and business growth for clients while seeking integrated, efficient and effective inter-departmental processes.
- Guide the Stadiums & Arenas strategy for AXS by improving Account Management, Client Services, Sales, Marketing, Implementation and Ticketing Strategy to maximize client satisfaction while protecting AXS business interests. Provide oversight to the business unit and course correct when needed.
- Manage annual budgets. Monitor and approve revenues and expenditures.
- Ensure that departments are properly staffed (e.g., Account Management, Client Services, Ticketing Strategy etc.). Oversee hiring process, develop employees, and counsel senior staff.
- Ensure alignment with Sales to sign and renew client on profitable deal structures. Provide leads to Sales team.
- Negotiate financial deals with venues and promoters. Participate in pitch meetings with Sales team.
- Represent AXS as an industry expert at conferences and industry meetings
- Advise Stadium & Arenas leadership on client quarterly business review execution
- Network and build relationships with agents, artist management, promoters, venue managers and other potential clients. Maintain current client relationships.
- Travel to cover road shows, conferences, events, festivals and seek new clients, projects and partners.
- Other duties as assigned by the SVP, COO, and/or CEO.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred) In Business, Marketing, Communications or related field
- 10+ years Hands on experience in the planning, execution and management of live events within stadiums and arenas, including concerts, sporting events, exhibitions, and other entertainment programs.
- 6+ years of experience developing and managing senior staff, ensuring proper staffing of departments, overseeing the hiring process, and facilitating employee growth and development.
- 6+ years of experience in managing multi-million-dollar budgets related to stadium and arena operations, including revenue generation, cost control, and financial forecasting.
- Experience overseeing ticketing operations, pricing strategies, and revenue optimization for events within stadiums and arenas.
- Experience negotiation of contracts and agreements to enhance operational efficiency and revenue generation.
- Working knowledge and experience with key aspects of the event planning process with agents, promoters, venues and ticketing.
- Proven success in senior management working for a promoter, agent, venue, ticketing company or related business.
- Proven leadership qualities and organizational skills; ability to manage and motivate sales staff to achieve departmental and organizational goals.
- Established relationships with venues, agents, managers, and promoters.
- Superior written, verbal, organizational, and negotiating skills; creative conceptualization.
- Extremely well-organized with the ability to multi-task effectively and work under extremely tight deadlines.
- A strong work ethic with the ability to work with equally strong personalities.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and travel, including weekends and holidays as needed.
- Demonstrated success in negotiating complex financial deals with venues and promoters, actively participating in pitch meetings with the Sales team to secure profitable deal structures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the live event industry, including industry trends, customer preferences, and emerging technologies.
- Proficiency in financial analysis, budget planning, and resource allocation to optimize financial performance.
- Ability to adapt strategies to address evolving industry dynamics and market trends, actively involving senior management in the strategic planning process.
- Proven ability to inspire and mentor a diverse team of professionals within the live event domain.
Pay Scale: $159,289-$251,132
AXS, a subsidiary of AEG, sells millions of tickets every year for 500+ partners across North America, Europe, and Asia, from venues like the O2 in London and the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Denver to teams like the Los Angeles Clippers, Minnesota Timberwolves, and Houston Rockets. Headquartered in Downtown Los Angeles, California, AXS employs more than 500 professionals in multiple locations worldwide, including Charlotte, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, London, Tempe, Stockholm, and Tokyo. At each location you’ll find a team of dedicated, diverse employees (we’ve dubbed ourselves “Fanatix”) who create groundbreaking products and services in a fun, fast-paced environment.
To learn more about our culture and values, visit: https://solutions.axs.com/careers/
More about AEG
For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
We are dedicated to a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but can't "check every box" in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and never discriminate based on gender, age, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.