Summer Intern, Employee Engagement
For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
AEG Internship Program offers a real-world experience that allows college students to learn the business of sports and live entertainment. In the Employee Engagement Department, interns have a unique opportunity to work alongside a team that builds and maintains Corporate Culture and Employee Engagement through events and internal communication. Within the department, you will spend approximately 2.5 weeks with each of our roles (Internal Communication Manager, Employee Engagement Manager, Employee Engagement Events Specialist and Employee Engagement Coordinator) to better understand what we do as a team.
- Rotation amongst our team members (Internal Communication Manager, Employee Engagement Events Specialist , and Employee Engagement Coordinator)
- Assist and work on upcoming employee events and projects such as Pride Month, AEG Company Picnic, 2024 Employee Swag, and Lunch with Leadership.
- Support event logistics (pulling RSVP lists, setting up and breakdown of events, booking conference rooms, etc.)
- Assist with AEG Service Awards Initiative 2024 – organizing master Excel file, confirming total counts, proofing all awards, and fulfillment. This is an important corporate initiative and touches all global employees and executives.
- Assist with curating and posting company content for employees using SharePoint and AEG Backstage (company intranet)
- Highly organized, resourceful, and dependable with excellent interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills
- Plan the Summer Intern Mixer with the support of the team and another intern.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
- Passion for sports and live entertainment
- Currently pursuing a degree in a relevant field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in Microsoft Office – EXCEL, WORD, and PowerPoint specifically
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Work on increasingly challenging and engaging real-world projects
- Gain hands-on experience in event planning, employee engagement, and business administration
- Collaborate with experienced HR, DEI, communications and talent development professionals
- Work closely with experienced team members who coach and provide mentorship
- Attend meetings, events, and other networking opportunities
- Outstanding opportunity to get an inside view across the entire AEG global portfolio: sports, entertainment districts, live music and events, arenas, clubs, and theaters.
- Resume review with AEG Talent Acquisition team
- Corporate networking
- Los Angeles, California (On-site)
Pay Scale: $17.00 - $19.00
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description.