Summer Intern, Human Resources (Crypto.com Arena)
For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
About Crypto.com Arena
Crypto.com Arena has undoubtedly developed an unrivaled reputation for excellence having established itself as one of the world’s busiest and most successful venues in the world. As the home of four professional sports franchises – the NBA’s Los Angeles Lakers and LA Clippers, the NHL’s LA Kings and the WNBA’s Los Angeles Sparks – Crypto.com Arena has proven to be a home court advantage for the local teams. The AEG owned and operated arena continues to distinguish itself as the host of major, high-profile events of national and international distinction including the 2004, 2011 & 2018 NBA All-Star Games, 2002 & 2017 NHL All-Star Game, 2000 Democratic National Convention, 2009 World Figure Skating Championships and 20 GRAMMY Awards shows. Crypto.com Arena twenty-three years have also been marked with performances and special events that brought international stature to the downtown Los Angeles venue including concerts Taylor Swift, Drake, Beyoncé, Prince, U2, Paul McCartney, Garth Brooks, Usher, Jay-Z, Keith Urban, Roger Waters, Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran, Kendrick Lamar, Michael Bublé, Carrie Underwood and Justin Timberlake, as well as world championship boxing, family shows and special events. Hosting over 250 events a year, the arena’s reputation for world-class amenities, features and commitment to quality of service and the guest experience is second to none. These include comfortable seating, state-of-the-art sound and lighting systems, concession stands offering a variety of food and beverages, and merchandise stores where fans can purchase team-related memorabilia. Crypto.com Arena is not only a great venue for sports and entertainment, but it also holds a special place in the hearts of the local community. It has witnessed numerous historic moments, unforgettable performances, and has become an iconic landmark in the city of Los Angeles.
Crypto.com Arena is seeking a Human Resources Intern. We will provide a comprehensive exposure to the responsibilities of a Human Resources professional, as well as a strong knowledge of all aspects of our venue(s) businesses. Areas of internship may include completing projects and assignments in the areas of Employment Practices and Labor Relations, Benefits and Compensation, Training and Development, Recruiting, Data Analytics and high-performance culture. All activities will be performed under close and direct supervision to support the Company policies, strategy, vision, and values of L.A. LIVE Campus/AEG Worldwide.
- Shadow professional development and training opportunities related to HRIS, recruiting & onboarding, employment law, employee relations, production HR, training & development, benefits.
- Engage in HR Operations which may include; Employee Engagement, Backstage, Employee Relations, SOP’s, and Recruiting.
- Gain knowledge of Human Resources management and activity coordination, working alongside internal staff.
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Participate in coaching and feedback from an assigned mentor.
- Brainstorm employee engagement opportunities.
- Create comprehensive analytics that help to drive employee engagement.
- Brainstorm company-wide announcements and templates.
- Assist with other HR projects as assigned.
- Currently pursuing a degree in a relevant field.
- Proficient in MS Office Products experience (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Teams, etc.).
- Passion for sports and live entertainment.
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills, along with heightened interpersonal skills.
- Must be motivated with a can do attitude.
- Must be able to pivot with grace to accomplish prioritized tasks in a high-paced, results oriented environment.
- Must be an active problem solver, instilled with a sense of urgency for projects large and small.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to multitask on various daily duties and ad-hoc assignments.
- Typical commitment is 32 hours per week.
- Access to real-world data about what drives live events and entertainment
- Gain hands-on experience in the data business that lives within live events (you will also learn event planning, marketing initiatives, and business administration)
- Network with professionals at a global leader in live events.
- Gain knowledge of a wildly popular and compelling industry, firsthand.
- Build a platform for future career growth – inside the company or beyond.
- Gain some tangible skills on how to work with data and apply to live event strategy.
- Outstanding opportunity to get an inside view across the entire AEG global portfolio: sports, entertainment districts, live music and events, arenas, clubs, and theaters.
- Resume review with AEG Talent Acquisition team
- Corporate networking
- Los Angeles, California (On-site)
Pay Scale: $17.00 - $19.00
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
AEG is committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today's business climate.
Anschutz Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law.
This Employer is subject to the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO) (LAMC 189.00)