For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
The Manager Touring will manage day-to-day information of assigned tours and oversee the overall organizing, planning and conducting of a road touring crew. This requires getting the band safely to and from venues and hotels at each tour stop, managing cash logistics and tour budgets, and effectively communicating tour needs with Promoters and Venue Managers. Tour Managers work with Venue Managers, Promoters, Travel Agents, Band Members, Production Managers and Staff (Sound and Lighting Techs, Instrument Techs, Sound Engineers), Transportation Staff, Tour Coordinators, Tour Accountants and the other various crew members to ensure each show runs smoothly throughout the duration of the tour.
- The Tour manager is responsible for working with the Tour Director to build tours by researching artist information and providing accurate comparison analysis to develop accurate and profitable artist offers, build and budget the tour(s), meeting with agents to present and negotiate offers. Submit all collected information into internal booking system for review, analysis, and approval by Tour Director and Executives.
- Develop and establish tour routing by working closely with the venues to check availability and set up and conceptualize the tour. Ensure that routing is realistic and efficient. Work with the venue to designate price points for ticketing and seating arrangements.
- Oversee and strategize marketing and publicity efforts. Ensure that the marketing team has appropriate artist asset and accurate tour information required to efficiently and effectively market the tour. Update marketing team to any changes/updates in tour schedule, pricing, and routing.
- Prepare tour offers and financial models for touring department. Contribute to the ongoing financial analysis and offer revisions during negotiation.
- Communicate and coordinate with ticketing and legal departments. Provide assistance and guidance to tour accounts as needed.
- Collaborate with the SVP and Director of touring on the preparation of the annual budget and complete monthly reforecasting. Prepare other requested financial reports as needed.
- Other responsibilities may include managing various tour logistics such as artist transportation, accommodations and disseminating relevant information to all pertinent departments and stage/road crew, the creation of artist and venue contracts, management of VIP ticketing, and traveling to advancing production needs.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year)
- 5 years of related work experience
- Strong ability to compare and analyze music industry trends
- Prior experience in developing and maintaining budgets
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail oriented with a strong emphasis on organization and communication
- Proficient in MS Office, with advance skill in Excel reporting
- Advanced knowledge of the touring music industry with proven ability to develop and foster good working relationships with artists, artist management team, and venue management
- Previous management experience
- Knowledge of music production and marketing skills/techniques
- A positive attitude with an ability to adapt to various situations and personalities
Pay scale: $64,849.00 - $88,430.48
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description.