For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
The Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Finance Manager will be responsible for supporting the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Accounting Officer, M&A Director and the greater AEG Presents' Executive Leadership in all areas of an acquisition lifecycle to drive analysis and strategic decisions, gain consensus among stakeholders, and prepare clear, concise and compelling presentations for leadership. The acquisition lifecycle includes initial financial due diligence, business case modeling and review, understanding the target's accounting processes, integration planning and execution, and post-acquisition partner capital account reporting and accounting. The M&A Finance Manager will also support the Chief Accounting Officer in ad hoc technical accounting projects.
- Support CFO, CAO and M&A Director as part of a small, efficient, high-performing M&A Finance team to advance all priorities in the M&A Finance portfolio, diligence efforts which include in-depth and comprehensive financial and operational analysis, quality of earnings, net working capital, strategic fit, and identification of potential integration considerations, with the intent for Executive Leadership to be educated on critical points and findings that may challenge the decision to buy or not.
- Design post-acquisition integration plans, including gaining a deep understanding of the targeted business and accounting processes to evaluate the integration risks and challenges when developing plans across multiple departments (i.e., finance and accounting, legal, operations, etc.).
- Prepare internal reports and presentations for AEG Presents’ Executive Leadership on acquisition performance and financial trends, including acquisition return on investment (ROI).
- Prepare internal reports, presentations, and monthly journal entries for AEG Presents business partners on capital account balances, partner loan balances, periodic results, and calculations of distributable cash.
- Perform ad hoc specialized accounting projects such as impairment analyses, assisting the CAO with the adoption of new accounting pronouncements, and preparing specified accounting guidance memos for use by regional accounting teams.
- Prepare a subset of reports for the annual financial statement audit.
- Work closely with leadership across AEG Presents’ Legal, Tax, Corporate Development, and Regional Finance Teams to achieve the position’s objectives.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- CPA Preferred
6-8 years of related work experience including public accounting experience
- Hands-on experience working with multiple companies/legal entities and ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Direct experience in Transaction Services / Financial Due Diligence preferred, including a successful demonstrated track record of buy-side / sell-side diligence execution.
The ability to research, understand and apply accounting literature.
Able to quickly convert technical accounting research and interpretation into a practical solution.
Strong knowledge of US GAAP
Strong analytical skills and critical thinking
Teamwork and collaborative partner management with good interpersonal skills
Strong communication and presentation skills – verbal, written and schedules.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook), and ability to learn required business systems.
Proficient knowledge of, and adaptability to, accounting/operational software systems.
Accuracy at all-times even when working under pressure in meeting deadlines.
Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with little direct supervision.
Excellent organizational skills.
- The ability to work effectively with cross-functional executives in a dynamic environment.
Pay Scale: $94,161-$142,669
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.