For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
- Actively engage in the period-end close through timely postings of various month-end entries (monthly note payable interest calculations, recharges to subsidiaries, manual wire postings, prepaids amortization) and finalization of account reconciliations (bank reconciliations, 401k plan reconciliations, etc.)
- Perform in-depth analytical reviews on various activities (including IBNR accruals communicated across the subs, G&A Recovery reconciliations).
- Perform FAS 13 analysis for newly executed leases and determine appropriate accounting entries necessary for compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Compile various financial statements and management reports and perform analytical reviews for reasonableness and compliance with GAAP.
- Reconcile various bank accounts / perform cash account analytics (actual and forecast) and monitor day to day cash balances (for unusual activity and LOC compliance).
- Scrutinize capital spend by entity and by department ensuring compliance with budget and rules determined by accounting policy.
- Assist management on ad-hoc assignments when requested.
- Assist management in annual budget and monthly forecast estimates and tasks as requested by management.
- Provide suggestions to management and supervisor on ways to implement efficiencies with daily processing and reporting activities.
- Monitor fixed asset activity in detail and input into accounting module for automatic depreciation generation. Execute the fixed asset process (additions, transfers, disposals, error research, etc) and assist in process improvement.
- Process, distribute, and administer third party billings through JD Edwards (financial accounting program) and contact clients to collect outstanding balances for multiple entities.
- Actively engage in the period-end close through timely postings of various month-end entries (prepaid additions and monthly amortization, corporate allocations) and finalization of account reconciliations (prepaid asset reconciliations, AR reconciliations).
- Review, process, and record banking activities (i.e. cash receipts, deposits, positive pay, ACH transactions, intercompany wire transfers, etc.)
- Download daily bank activity and review for large debit or credit transactions and inform management of this activity.
- Manage bank account updates and change from management to the concerned bank (add/delete signers, add/delete account capabilities, etc).
- Review, process, and record intercompany allocations for medical costs, the IBNR, and year-end insurance and TAC software/consulting expense.
- BA/BS Degree (4-year) Accounting / Finance
- 4-6 years Related work experience
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles and theory (matching, conservatism, materiality, temporary and permanent accounts, debits, credits, sections of the financial statements, etc.)
- Familiar with internal controls and procedures to strengthen internal controls
- Well organized so can effectively prioritize workflow and improve period-end close results
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask on various daily duties and ad-hoc assignments
- Ability to work independently and to complete duties with minimal supervision
- Able to shift priorities considered necessary to accomplish prioritized tasks in a high-paced, results orientated environment
- Knowledge and comfort in use of modules in a moderately complex computer system/financial application (such as JD Edwards, Oracle, SAP)
- Solid skills with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Outlook, Excel), as well as ability to learn required business systems
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) CPA Preferred
Payscale: $67,376 - $98,257
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.