For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
The Senior Full Stack Engineer will work across all departments within the LA Kings and AEG Sports operations. This role will architect, implement, maintain, and enhance data solutions (data warehouse, ETL processes, custom-built software, web applications) that help create business strategies, help create new revenue streams, improve hockey and soccer operations, and help elevate athlete performance.
This position will be responsible for a mix of architecture, design, development and testing, along with engaging in code reviews, customer meetings, and prototyping in support of a variety of the company’s projects.
This is an on-site role based in El Segundo, CA.
- Engineer, develop, manage, and monitor ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) and data pipeline tasks using available tools as required to consume new sources of data into the respective data environments.
- Lead the development of data models and provide guidance for optimizations and improvements to improve performance of data infrastructure and related products.
- Perform code reviews for other data engineers within AEG Global Technology. Reviews involve reading and testing code, reporting back areas for improvement or glaring bugs.
- Monitor and remediate data quality issues within AEG sports data warehouses
- Design and implement automated custom data visualizations that allow non-technical users to grasp very technical concepts
- Implement new statistical, or machine learning, models and maintain existing models, used in all facets of player acquisition and game play.
- Mentor and advise junior engineers and analysts on proper technical techniques and rigor
- Attend team huddles within AEG Sports where team members collaborate on status, techniques, and upcoming projects.
- Find and evaluate external software vendors that might have an impact on the effectiveness of any aspect of Business, Hockey, and/or Soccer Operations. This may involve meeting with vendors, watching demonstrations, and using evaluation accounts.
- Continuously improve knowledge and abilities in the areas of software and data engineering, statistical learning, and machine learning
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The Senior Full Stack Engineer must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and abilities:
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong work ethic and passion for technology
- Capacity to understand asynchronous programming, and design code for speed and scale.
- Collaborative skills, with an eye towards being a technical mentor to junior members of the team
- Familiarity with hockey and soccer is a plus
BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred) Computer Science, or similar field
- 4-6 years Related work experience
- 4+ years Demonstrable experience designing, developing, and deploying database structures and extracting data through SQL
- 4+ years Demonstrable experience on cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- 3+ years Preferred Qualifications: Experience in project management techniques, e.g. “Agile”, and related software customarily used to manage development cycles
- 3+ years Demonstrable experience with RESTful API development
- 3+ years Demonstrable experience building statistical models and machine learning models in Python or R
- 2+ years Demonstrable experience building end-user applications, either web-based or mobile, using React, Angular, or Vue.
- 2+ years Demonstrable experience with code collaboration software, e.g. git
- Prior experience in LLM, NLP, or AI products is a plus.
Pay Scale: $120,000 - $130,000
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.