For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
The Director Sales-Special Events is responsible for the booking of special events, marketing, production and maintaining the budgets of the events. In addition, the Director of Sales will work with the Legal department to execute special event contracts.
- Network, research and cold call potential clients to create new business opportunities. Represent venue to potential clients conducting facility tours, answers questions regarding venue logistics and event operations. Manage client relationships. Create event proposals and budgets. Collect event deposits and contract signatures once event(s) are confirmed.
- Oversee special event staff; including, assist GM with supervising bar, wait and security personnel. Ensure that special events staff is adhering to company policy regarding rentals and special event execution. Be available to advise or make recommendations on any issues that may arise in the event process.
- Utilize CRM platform to follow up with clients to maintain business relationship and ensure past events met client’s expectations, place holds for future dates/show if event could become reoccurring.
- Respond to inquiries on availability, pricing and locations. Negotiate deal terms and pricing.
- Works with legal to prepare and execute contracts and letter agreements once proposals are accepted.
- Create competitive pricing models that drive the maximum revenue possible for the venue. Track sales and devise plans to reach annual goals.
- Creates competitive pricing models that drive the maximum revenue possible for the venue. Track sales and devise plans to reach annual goals.
- Develop strategic collateral materials, online marketing and other strategic tools to generate activity.
- Train and manage special event staff at new venues alongside management; wait and security personnel. Ensure that special events staff is adhering to company policy regarding rentals and special event execution. Be available to advise or make recommendations on any issues that may arise in the event process.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year)
- Years of related work experience: 5-7
- Computer savvy and proficient in MS Office Professional Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Must be self-motivated and have a professional demeanor
- Excellent interpersonal, as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive experience in sales with an ability to create and foster working relationships with clients
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Management experience
- Strong organization, project management and decision making skills
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Previous experience in event planning and execution with ability to manage and delegate tasks
Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):
- Prior experience working in music venues
- Advanced Degree in Sales, Marketing, or a related field preferred
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.