For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
The Accounts Payable Specialist may specialize in a variety of different accounting areas related to company invoicing and payment processing. The AP/AR Specialist may work with the distribution of wires and aid in the reconciliation of bank accounts. The AP Specialist will focus in the processing of invoices and the payment of company expenses. Responsibilities may include the review of temporary employee timesheets and payroll processing for 3rd party payroll company as well as audit approvals, and aid in month end close duties and reporting, and other administrative or ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Process and route vendor invoices for approval through our scanning AP service (Scanning America).
- Process various AP payments at month end including manual checks and wires.
- Enter and code accounts payable invoices funds and vouchers into Scanning America. Contact vendors for accurate company information or copies of invoices when necessary.
- Review temp employee timesheets submitted by managers and upload into 3rd party payroll server to submit for approval and payroll processing. Approve payroll audits received by 3rd party payroll company and process 3rd party payroll invoices for services rendered.
- Review road checks, purchase card transactions, receivables, and other expenditures for accuracy, and enter/appropriate code into JD Edwards.
- May be responsible for miscellaneous administrative office duties and ad hoc accounting requests as needed such as AP/AR report requests and filing.
- Additional duties may include: assist Accounting Manager with closing financials at month end.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree Preferred) | Area of Study: Accounting
- Years of related work experience: 2-3
- Proficient in MS Office, especially in Excel
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Organized, proactive, and detail orientated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Basic Accounting Principles
- Strong time management and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with JDE and Perceptive/Scanning America is preferred
- Music industry experience is preferred
- Experience with financial reporting and ticketing systems is preferred
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description.