For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
Reporting to the Manager Human Resources, the HR/Payroll Coordinator for AEG Presents will serve as a point of contact to assist the venue, festival and touring management teams as well as the event staff employees throughout the employment life cycle including recruitment, onboarding, payroll and employee management. The incumbent will coordinate the onboarding process and weekly payroll processing for all event staff hires, rehires, and temporary employees. The HR/Payroll Coordinator will also aide in the management of employee relations issues (for part-time event staff) and provide council when necessary. The HR/Payroll coordinator provides administrative support to the Director HR and HR Managers (for regions without an HR Coordinator). In addition, the HR/Payroll Coordinator works independently and proactively to assist the HR team with handling less routine issues/projects.
- Assist the regional offices, venues, festivals and touring with the event staff on-boarding process, including: coordination of employee new hire paperwork, ensuring employees are in both the time and attend system and payroll system.
- Assist with the weekly processing of event based payroll including ensuring all time reports are submitted timely and audits/approvals are completed timely to ensure the processing of the weekly payroll.
- Process and document transactions involving staff, including: promotions pay increases, data updates, and terminations. Send documentation to appropriate parties for approvals and coordinate with other departments on execution.
- Assist with employee systems training for new and current employees. Schedule training and track attendance for participants. Ensure compliance with training requirements.
- Assist employees with daily payroll, PTO, timesheet and system Issues. Assist management with reports, timesheet issues, etc.
- Ensure all personnel files are properly maintained by creating new hire files, I-9 file maintenance for compliance, termination files and annual shipments for storage.
- Remain current on changes in employment law by continuously researching all federal, state and local human resources laws and provide monthly updates to the HR Management.
- Assist the Director HR and HR Managers with additional HR Support/projects as needed.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of current job descriptions for all part-time event employees.
- A minimum education level of: High Diploma or its equivalency (BA/BS in Business, Human Resources, Employment Law or related field preferred.)
- A minimum of 2-4 years of HR administrative work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word Excel and Outlook) familiarity with creating reports in Excel is preferred
- Highly organized individual with close attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service skills and an ability to creatively problem solve
- Knowledge of employment laws
- Experience working in an HRIS system to process payroll and data changes
- Proven ability to utilize discretion and best judgment when handling confidential information
- Ability to analyze data and make recommendations to improve or amend company policies
- Excellent writing and communication skills, especially communicating to large groups
- Friendly, upbeat, energetic, and approachable, with the ability to act with care and extreme discretion, especially regarding disciplinary or pay-related issues.
- This position is not eligible for a bonus under the current bonus plan requirements.
- Fulltime: We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick time, company paid basic life insurance, voluntary life insurance, parental leave, 401k Plan (with a current employer match of 3%), flexible spending and health savings account options, and wellness offerings.
Pay Scale: $23.00 - $27.00
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her/their normal description.