AEG Celebrates Earth Month
AEG’s Divisions Around the World Celebrate Commitment to Environment with Earth Month Activities Throughout April
LOS ANGELES (May 15, 2017) – In celebration of Earth Month, more than 40 entities spanning four continents from AEG’s global divisions including stadiums, arenas, convention centers and sports teams hosted activities and supported social media campaigns throughout their respective communities to raise awareness about the environment.
In conjunction with Earth Day and AEG 1EARTH, a program that’s mission is to reduce AEG’s environmental impact and drive business through sustainability, divisions hosted events such as e-waste and recycling drives and tree planting, in addition to providing educational opportunities through panels and partnerships with environmentally focused nonprofits to community members and staff.
“While sustainability is a year-round pursuit for us, each April during Earth Month we work hard to reach out to our communities to celebrate Earth Day, host helpful activations and spread the message about the importance of conserving our natural resources,” said John Marler, Senior Director of Energy and Environment, AEG.
The AEG divisions and venues that participated in Earth Month 2017 are (listed alphabetically):
- 1STBANK Center – Broomfield, Colo.
- Annexet – Stockholm
- Arvest Bank Theatre at the Midland – Kansas City, Mo.
- Barclays Center – New York, New York
- Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre – Brisbane, Australia
- Brisbane Entertainment Centre – Brisbane, Australia
- Darwin Convention Centre – Darwin, Australia
- Ericsson Globe Arena – Stockholm
- Gila River Arena – Glendale, Ariz.
- Hawaii Convention Center – Honolulu
- Hovet Arena – Stockholm
- IndigO2 – London
- Keswick Theatre – Glenside, Pa.
- KFC Yum! Center – Louisville, Ky.
- L.A. LIVE – Los Angeles
- LA Galaxy – Carson, Calif.
- LA Kings – El Segundo, Calif.
- Los Angeles Convention Center – Los Angeles
- Mercedes-Benz Arena – Berlin
- Mercedes-Benz Arena – Shanghai
- Microsoft Theater – Los Angeles
- Mountain Winery – Saratoga, Calif.
- Newcastle Entertainment Centre – Newcastle, Australia
- O.co Coliseum – Oakland, Calif.
- Oracle Arena – Oakland, Calif.
- Playstation Theater – New York, NY
- Puerto Rico Convention Center – San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Qudos Bank Arena – Sydney
- Rabobank Arena – Bakersfield, Calif.
- Rabobank Convention Center – Bakersfield, Calif.
- Rabobank Theater – Bakersfield, Calif.
- San Joaquin Community Hospital Ice Center – Bakersfield, Calif.
- Showbox at the Market – Seattle
- Showbox SoDo – Seattle
- Sprint Center – Kansas City, Mo.
- STAPLES Center – Los Angeles
- Starland Ballroom – Sayreville, N.J.
- StubHub Center – Carson, Calif.
- StubHub Center Tennis Stadium – Carson, Calif.
- StubHub Center Track & Field Facility – Carson, Calif.
- StubHub Center VELO Sports Center – Carson, Calif.
- Target Center – Minneapolis
- Tele2 Arena – Stockholm
- The Colosseum at Caesars Palace – Las Vegas
- The Fonda Theatre – Los Angeles
- The Novo by Microsoft – Los Angeles
- The O2 – London
- Valley View Casino Center – San Diego
- Verizon Theatre Grand Prairie – Dallas
For more about AEG 1EARTH, please visit: http://aegworldwide.com/about/companyoverview/aeg1earth
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, AEG is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company. With offices on five continents, AEG operates in the following business segments: AEG Facilities, which is affiliated with or owns, manages or consults with more than 120 preeminent arenas, stadiums, theaters, clubs and convention centers around the world including The O2 Arena, the Sprint Center and the Mercedes-Benz Arenas; AEG Presents, which is dedicated to all aspects of live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music and special events and world-renowned festivals; AEG Real Estate, which develops world-class venues, as well as major sports and entertainment districts like STAPLES Center and L.A. LIVE; AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events; and AEG Global Partnerships, which oversees worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships. Through its worldwide network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, AXS.com ticketing platform, AXS cable television channel and its integrated entertainment districts, AEG entertains more than 100 million guests annually. More information about AEG can be found at www.aegworldwide.com.