For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
The Sr Financial Analyst – Venue Operations works closely with VP, Finance – Venue Operations and senior venue management to develop, maintain, and issue reporting related to the Company's venue operations. Performs analysis of key financials and metrics to be used by executives and venue management to ensure operational and financial goals are met. Maintains and/or contributes to venue-specific programs, initiatives, and special projects.
- Review and analyze comprehensive financial reports for management, encompassing financial results, key performance indicators (KPIs), and thorough budget variance analysis.
- Perform analysis of venue financial and operational reports, highlighting key metrics, trends, anomalies, opportunities, and risks as a means of informing corporate and venue managers seeking to optimize venue financial performance.
- Work closely with Venue accounting to identify nature of unusual variances or anomalies and advise on any necessary corrective measures.
- Work closely with Regional Financial Analysts as needed and provide support and guidance related to the development of annual budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Coordinate and participate in regularly scheduled management meetings for the purpose of reviewing venue reports and analytics. Discuss results of initial analysis and share any information gathered as a result of said analysis.
- Assist with and/or manage existing or new programs and projects related to a variety of venue initiatives including new venue onboarding, policy and procedure documentation, and concessionaire relations, among others.
- Track actual vs. budget/reforecast, analyze variances, and ensure variance commentaries are submitted/documented. Analyze historical data and incorporate industry trends to predict future revenues and/or expenses.
- Maintain existing reporting programs by ensuring data integrity and relevance. Generate and issue venue financial and operational reports to designated recipients per a prescribed schedule. Develop new financial reporting as needed or requested by venue management.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) Accounting, Finance or Economics required.
- 4-6 years in reporting, consolidation, and financial analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel) and ability to learn required business systems.
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow through skills.
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately critical.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Accounting/GAAP knowledge is preferred.
Pay scale: $70,037-$106,117
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.