For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
The Senior Director of Ticket Sales is responsible for leading the team's Season Ticket Membership Sales and Group Sales efforts. This role will collaborate with the SVP of Ticket Sales to set and achieve all departmental sales goals. This position will be responsible for planning and executing all sales campaigns to hit targets and report analysis to senior management. This role is responsible for collaborating with multiple departments to set plans in place that achieve established ticketing revenue goals.
- Develop and implement annual business plans and strategies for the membership sales (B2B & FSE) and group sales departments to ensure sales goals are achieved or exceeded.
- Establish ticket sales performance objectives and revenue targets. Develop an effective tracking program to ensure team members are successfully meeting their annual goals. Set and review performance objectives and revenue targets.
- Plan and execute Season Ticket Membership sales campaigns including annual FSE launch, Holiday Packs, Flex Vouchers, and more through sales/prospecting events, in arena prospecting, lead distribution and sales technology utilization.
- Oversee Group Sales strategies, including group category sales, theme nights, promotions, ticket pack sales, group asset management, VIP gridable sales, super group and distribution programs, game to game group target strategy, and other group sales initiatives.
- Direct management/oversight of Sales Managers (Group Sales, B2B, FSE) by directing tasks and projects, coaching, motivating, and mentoring the entire staff on Ticket Sales initiatives.
- Work cross-functionally with departments (Analytics, Ticket Operations, Marketing, Game Presentation, Events, Sales, Global Partnerships, PR, Arena Guest Services, Security) to seamlessly execute and grow ticket sales business opportunities.
- Collaborate with Ontario Reign and LA Kings Sales Managers on effective management and talent development of Inside Sales program.
- Act as liaison with Arena premium sales team on initiatives involving premium ticket and suite sales and upcoming arena renovations.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The Senior Director of Ticket Sales must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and abilities:
- Ability to construct business plans from scratch and execute on the plan
- Ability to inspire, lead and manage employees
- Highly organized, resourceful, detailed-oriented, quick learner and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and delegate workload and solve problems efficiently and quickly
- Exceptional guest and client service capabilities
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and high pressure environment
- Ability to professionally handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to professionally communicate and interact with all levels of management
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Quality presentation skills – ability to create, analyze, interpret, and present reports and correspondence
- Knowledge in Veritix/Flash or other ticket software preferred
- Background in Sports/Entertainment/Hospitality industry preferred
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) a plus
BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred) in related field
- A minimum of 6-8 years of related work experience
- Minor league group sales experience highly preferred
Pay Scale: $119,114-$180,476
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.