For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
The VP of Ticket Sales is responsible for driving new business revenue for the LA Kings. This role is responsible for the success of the LA Kings Ticket Sales Department by ensuring maximum efficiency, profitability, and achievement of set revenue goals. This role oversees sales managers and sales representatives driving season ticket sales, group ticket sales, and single game ticket sales while effectively collaborating with internal stakeholders with common revenue targets.
- Responsible for the overall success, development, and leadership of the Ticket Sales department (B2B, FSE, and Group Sales).
- Provide direction and leadership to the sales management team and oversee the successful completion of various projects within the department.
- Provide guidance and support on all initiatives while optimizing department integration so all team members and initiatives are planned and executed flawlessly.
- Responsible for all new business goals and targets.
- Develop and execute the overall ticket sales strategy to achieve revenue targets and business objectives including executing campaigns, sales events, ticket pack items and commission and sales incentives.
- Partner with key stakeholders to clearly define and communicate the go-to-market strategy throughout the organization, including tracking key metrics, and communicating results and opportunities.
- Play an integral role in sourcing and implementing effective sales technology tools that allow the sales team to maximize efficiency. Work with the CRM team to implement sales processes to optimize sales operations and train employees on best practices.
- Lead the LA Kings and Ontario Reign Inside Sales Representatives program to create an internal pipeline of talent development. This includes monitoring performance of all sales individuals to allocate talent effectively amongst both sales teams.
- Lead the creation and implementation of the Crypto.com Arena sales center to drive appointments and in-person sales events and ensure the team is equipped with the right tools, content, resources, and technology. Launch new arena renovation projects with emphasis on go to market new business strategy.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The VP of Ticket Sales must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and abilities:
- Extensive and proven knowledge of brands, sales, and sponsorships
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and cultivate relationships
- Excellent public speaking skills with experience presenting to high level executives
- Expertise in identifying opportunities, developing strategies, and negotiating creative solutions
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated leadership abilities
- Demonstrated experience successfully directing and overseeing projects across multiple groups.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and ability to learn all required business systems.
- Expertise in identifying opportunities, developing strategies and negotiating creative solutions.
- Exemplary problem-solving, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to synergize the efforts of individuals and teams from multiple business areas to accomplish the goals of the company.
BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred) in Business, Marketing or a related field
- A minimum of 10 years of related work experience
- Experience working with and creating budgets and business strategy/plans
- Experience working with sports club/teams in a similar capacity
- Experience successfully developing and leading teams and management level employees
Pay Scale: $160,000-$200,000
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.