For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
The Community and Hockey Activation Account Executive is responsible for driving sustainable revenue from our Local Hockey Partnerships with a focus on Group Ticket revenue, with additional opportunities to generate revenue through Season Ticket, Partial Ticket Package, and other products. This person will be a secondary liaison between our organization and our Community and Local Hockey Partners. Management will help provide strategy and provide established accounts and potential clients, while the Account Executive will be responsible for executing direct sales and creating and executing new initiatives for this market. The Account Executives will also assist in selling Hockey Growth Programs such as Kings Camp and Little Kings, and Community Relations programs like the Kings 5k and LA Kings Golf Tournament. They are also responsible for outbound selling activities and new business generation throughout the year, as well as being required to work game nights, select ticket sales, or community relations events, and other grassroots related programs throughout the year.
- Execute a determined volume of effective outbound calls for the purpose of generating revenue and providing customer service with the use of traditional sales methods and with the use of Sales Technology platforms
- Manage Client and Customer accounts including Customer Relation Management accounts and Ticketing accounts
- Interface with the key decision makers at assigned local hockey rinks and programs and the local (SCAHA), state (CAHA), and national (USAH) governing bodies of hockey for the purpose of generating new business and executing mulit-year written agreements with local rink partners. act as liaison with rinks, fulfill elements of rink loyalty agreements and complete service requests.
- Perform “game day” in-game program responsibilities – fulfilling on-ice fan experiences. Check in, escort to event level, ensure all necessary elements are in place for the scheduled event.
- Collaborate with Community Relations to execute community initiatives with designated community groups
- Meet or exceed established weekly, monthly, and annual sales goals and activity requirements
- Perform duties during organization-wide, fan facing events such as the annual 5k/10k, festival, STMs events
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The Community and Hockey Activation Account Executive possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and abilities:
- Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to think and react to situations confidently.
- Excellent relationship building and customer service skills.
- Ability to learn in a team environment and adhere to departmental guidelines.
- Ability to consistently re-prioritize based on organizational and sales needs.
- Must be able to work game nights, weekends, holidays, and select ticket sales and community relations events.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); and ability to learn new required business systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- In depth knowledge of the sport of hockey.
- In-depth knowledge of the local hockey community in Southern California is preferred
- A minimum education level of: High School diploma or its equivalency (Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree preferred)
- 3 years of related work experience.
Pay Scale: $22.84
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.