For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
The Ontario Reign are currently seeking a motivated, energetic and talented individual to enhance the experiences of Ontario Reigns fans by performing as the team mascot. This person will perform physical activities and will be responsible for upholding the Ontario Reign brand standards at games, events, and traditional media opportunities as assigned.
- Perform as mascot during all Ontario Reign home games.
- Perform as mascot at outside events and appearances throughout the community such as charity functions, fan development events, watch parties, grassroots marketing events, school visits, etc.
- Maintain and care for costume, props and signs
- Provide creative assistance to game presentation department for skits and related promotions
- Provide content and ideas for social media pages
- Available to work during regular office hours and event hours including nights, weekends and Holidays
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external employees/clients
- Assist with general office duties and projects as needed
- Communicate with/support departments as assigned by management
- Execute special projects as assigned by management
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The Mascot must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Professional demeanor demonstrating responsibility, initiative and dependability, all with a highly positive attitude
- Passion for performance, entertainment, live event planning and production with a goal of maximizing guest experience. Experience working both in game operations and as a mascot
- Proactive and adaptable - able to perform and work well under pressure in a variety of locations/atmospheres.
- Excellent interpersonal skills when interacting with various age groups is required
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Ability to professionally communicate and interact with all levels of management
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- High School diploma; College degree preferred
- A minimum of 2 years' experience as a mascot at the collegiate, minor, or professional league level
- Background in Sports/Entertainment/Hospitality industry preferred
- Interest in hockey is a plus
- Ability to skate is a plus
Pay Scale: $40.00
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.