For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
Our business is interwoven with the human mind and heart, and we strive to build a diverse and inclusive company that reflects the artists, athletes, and fans that we host; reach beyond traditional boundaries to support the communities in which we operate; and minimize our impact on the environment by adopting sustainable practices throughout our business operations.
If you want to be challenged to up your game and make a difference, then join us in giving the world reason to cheer!
The Part-Time, Security Supervisor will maintain the safety and security of all employees, guests and clients at Dignity Health Sports Park shows, events, festivals, tours, one-off’s and venues through the supervision of Security Officers and by performing constant patrol, observation and documentation. The Security Supervisor and Officers will be the first point of contact for all security-related issues and will control the diffusion of any incidents at the venue. The incumbent in this position must know and enforce all Dignity Health Sports Park rules and policies; comply with all legal and ethical instructions provided by the Security Manager and Building Management; and ensure/maintain the highest levels of integrity for him/herself and the security staff.
- Supervise Security Officers who are on duty for event and non-event days. Ensure that officers are patrolling their assigned areas; working their schedules as assigned, with required breaks; and that they respond to all security and safety-related calls in a timely manner.
- Perform back-office administrative functions including, but not limited to: Officer scheduling and timecard management/verification; preparing required reports; and issuing daily credentials for employees, workers and visitors when necessary.
- Investigate and compile accurate incident reports. Review camera footage, locate witnesses, and work closely with law enforcement as needed.
- Participate in the Officer hiring process (e.g., interviewing); counsel staff on performance and attendance matters; prepare written disciplinary documentation as needed.
- Monitor and record activity on venue security cameras. Ensure that all cameras are working properly and are unobstructed.
- Patrol venue to ensure a safe and comfortable environment. Observe, report, and control ongoing activity, keeping track of unusual occurrences. Assist with the ejection or control of unruly, disruptive or intoxicated guests.
- Monitor entry and access point for the venue. Screen and confirm all employees, vendors, delivery personnel, guests and artists entering the venue to ensure appropriate access. Review and verify documentation to ensure validity.
- Escort artists, VIPs, guests and employees to protect and prevent unwanted attention, disruption, incident or injury.
- Respond immediately to fire control center to locate, acknowledge and silence alarm. Check signal area, report and reset alarm. Enact fire safety/evacuations when necessary.
- Respond, observe and document all medical situations and request EMT/medical personnel. Assist with minor first aid situations. Coordinate transportation for friends and family of afflicted when necessary.
- Assist with all customer service needs before, during and after each show, including: directions, instructions, information, escorts and medical.
- Document in writing all activity, movement and repairs in appropriate log ensuring all incidents are accurately described.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (BA/BS Degree Preferred)
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of related work experience
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Expert organizational, leadership and time management skills
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time when monitoring, checking access, or on patrol throughout the venue, including going up and down stairs in an arena setting. If needed, must be able to apprehend and hold individuals until a deputy arrives
- Must be able to work long hours including nights, weekends and some holidays
- Ability to qualify and be issued a security officer license
- Knowledgeable of OSHA.ADA laws and regulations
- Valid CPR and AED certifications
Pay Scale: $23.25
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.