AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Allegiant Stadium, located in Las Vegas, NV, will be the future home of the Las Vegas Raiders of the National Football League and the UNLV Rebels of the NCAA Division 1 Football Bowl Subdivision.
The 65,000 seat, 1.75 million square foot, state of the art domed stadium will also host many world-class sporting and entertainment events, including the 2020 and 2021 Pac-12 Football Championship, and will serve as the annual site of the Las Vegas Bowl.
The stadium will also host large trade and corporate shows, public gatherings, private events, and a robust tour program.
The Director of Facility Operations will oversee all back-of-house operations as it relates to facility services, conversions, and loading dock operations during event and non-event times. The incumbent is responsible for managing the daily operation of Allegiant Stadium to ensure employee, client, and guest safety, security and enjoyment. The incumbent will ensure that all back-of-house departments work in sync so that Allegiant Stadium operates optimally at all times and that patrons, clients and promoter/production managers are consistently treated in a first class, professional manner while producing successful events.
- Provide operational expertise and management of a multi-purpose sports and entertainment facility
- Create and implement policies and procedures regarding facility operations with a specific focus on the efficiency and safety of operations
- Plan, organize, coordinate and direct all activities and personnel engaged in maintaining and operating the facility to ensure event requirements for sports, entertainment and third-party events are fulfilled
- Conduct ongoing reviews of operations budgets and the staffing plans as it relates to recruiting, training, supervising and evaluating stadium personnel and service providers.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Executive staff, Management team, Team Members, Business Agents, etc.; Familiarize and enforce labor contracts for operational staff
- Manage third party service providers by enforcing the agreed upon scope of services within various signed service agreements
- Develop and enforce standard operating procedures (SOP) for operational functions of the facility including conversions, loading dock, mail room, event equipment inventory, departmental, forklifts, etc.
- Prepare a projected Event Cost Estimate/Analysis of specific areas of responsibility
- Continuous review of the facility needs and make recommendations, repairs, maintenance, or special projects to VP - Operations
- Complete daily inspections of buildings and grounds, to include all damage and cleaning errors, so building meets facility standards and in compliance with all local, state and federal safety laws.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual Capital improvement plan and budgeting
- Create and implement training plan for all Operations Dept. team members
- Projects as assigned by the VP - Operations
- A minimum education level of Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree in Sports Management, Facility Event Management (Advanced Degree Preferred)
- A minimum of 7-10 years of related work experience
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to coach, mentor and motivate a diverse workforce.
- Skilled at interacting effectively with all levels of management and staff, promoters, suppliers, guests and visitors.
- Ability to build strong-working relationships with local fire and police departments and other government entities.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and supervise operations activities with full time managers and operational staff
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and public relations skills.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, holidays and variable schedules
- Knowledge of and compliance with Federal and State OSHA regulations.
- Knowledge of safety practices, including first aid and all applicable safety standards for public facilities
- Working knowledge of retractable seating and temporary stage deck systems
- Solid accounting and financial skills
Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):
- Working knowledge of artificial turf, grass turf and event conversions
- CAD Certification Preferred.
- Knowledge of NFL, NCAA Football, and live entertainment conversions operations
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.