AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Allegiant Stadium, located in Las Vegas, NV, will be the future home of the Las Vegas Raiders of the National Football League and the UNLV Rebels of the NCAA Division 1 Football Bowl Subdivision.
The 65,000 seat, 1.75 million square foot, state of the art domed stadium will also host many world-class sporting and entertainment events, including the 2020 and 2021 Pac-12 Football Championship, and will serve as the annual site of the Las Vegas Bowl.
The stadium will also host large trade and corporate shows, public gatherings, private events, and a robust tour program.
The Vice President of Security is responsible for the management and leadership of the event security, facility security, and risk management services for Allegiant Stadium. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, anti-terrorism, loss prevention, investigations and intelligence, emergency preparedness, disaster prevention and planning, serving as the liaison with local law enforcement and emergency service agencies, safety training and compliance, budgeting, and personnel management. The incumbent is responsible for event security management with regard to revenue and profitability of assigned clients and tenants, as well as leading the development and continuous improvement of policies, processes, procedures and supervision.
- Secure and maintain safety of all guests, employees, clients, and performers at all events by enforcing and regulating stadium security policy and procedures through the security team
- Lead Allegiant Stadium security initiatives and operations including developing, maintaining, and overseeing the operation of security tools, processes, and policies to defend, detect, and respond to threats, vulnerabilities, and attacks targeting the company and its assets
- Effectively manage event and facility security departments, as well as provide necessary leadership, training, support and guidance. Empower supervisory team to lead, coach, mentor, and discipline personnel as deemed necessary.
- Create, foster, and maintain Allegiant Stadium reputation for excellent service in a secure, comfortable environment, while reducing liabilities
- Demonstrate and provide outstanding customer service to stadium tenants and event clients. Work cooperatively with each on mutually-agreeable solutions.
- Prepare and maintain expenses within annual approved department budget. Research, review, and recommend equipment, materials, and supplies required for the security department.
- Develop, implement and enforce stadium rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Anticipate problems and appropriate solutions.
- Resolve security issues, concerns, and complaints as needed during events
- Identify security service vendors, negotiate contracts, and implement new systems and procedures. Ensure security vendors are in compliance with issued RFPs and contracts
- Establish positive and collaborative relationships with local, state, and federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies, as well as fire and emergency management
- Work with other departments as needed to prepare and review front-of-house event costs and invoices for settlement.
- Ensure processing, adjudication, and disposition of corporate personnel security actions are in compliance with state and federal statutory, regulatory, customer contractual and business requirements.
- Prepare security business plan with corresponding operating and capital budgets. Establish measures, metrics, thresholds, and targets to drive performance in alignment with security and other business strategies
- Responsible for championing awareness, influencing compliance with security policies, and providing solutions for business specific security issues
- Monitor and assess threats to facility, staff, guests, clients, and visitors. Track threat scope and landscape across similar venues and event profiles
- Oversee event security management with regard to revenue and profitability of assigned clients/tenants, while ensuring the utmost in client and tenant partnership satisfaction.
- Lead cross-functional team in pursuit of third-party liability protections offered by US Department of Homeland Security Support Anti-terrorism by Fostering Effective Technologies Act of 2002 (SAFETY Act) for Allegiant Stadium and its security procedures.
- Ensure stadium compliance with SAFETY Act provisions, and NFL Best Practices for Stadium Security and Fan Conduct
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years related work experience in stadium or arena security, event security services, team security, or law enforcement. 5 years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Experience developing and managing working teams.
- Experience with or knowledge of security-related legislation and regulation.
- Experience with innovative optimization of leading performance standards for security processes.
- Knowledge of federal law-enforcement, intelligence, and defense community personnel security requirements, standards and operations in industry and government.
- Ability to obtain a federal secret-level security clearance.
- Active participation with security-related industry groups and advisory boards.
- Thorough knowledge of CCTV, fire alarm systems, computerized access control systems, and wireless radio communication.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task projects, and handle a variety of day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours for an extended period of time as dictated by events and schedule, which includes nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn required business systems.
- Holding or obtaining Certified Protection Professional certification under ASIS International and Certified Sport Security Professional certification under NCS4, preferred.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.