AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Allegiant Stadium, located in Las Vegas, NV, will be the future home of the Las Vegas Raiders of the National Football League and the UNLV Rebels of the NCAA Division 1 Football Bowl Subdivision.
The 65,000 seat, 1.75 million square foot, state of the art domed stadium will also host many world-class sporting and entertainment events, including the 2020 and 2021 Pac-12 Football Championship, and will serve as the annual site of the Las Vegas Bowl.
The stadium will also host large trade and corporate shows, public gatherings, private events, and a robust tour program.
The Sales Manager focuses on prospecting, selling, and developing sales strategies to book special/corporate events at Allegiant Stadium. Responsibilities will include connecting with local, state, and nationwide contacts through networking, soliciting, and grass roots marketing and sales strategies. This position proactively seeks out new business by cultivating client relationships and strategic deal negotiations. The Sales Manager participates in the development of marketing materials, sales collateral and negotiating agreements and contracts with clients under the general direction of the Director of Sales.
- Prospect leads by networking and researching ways to find leads within the venue’s market. Take initiative to qualify each individual lead by communicating with clients by phone, email, and in-person. Initiates contact of any inbound lead within 24 hours by utilizing best judgment for protocol, follow up, and sales strategies.
- Communicate with past and future clients frequently by phone, email, entertaining over meals or at events. Use a variety of techniques to develop friendly and trusting relationships with clients to maintain their valued business with the company.
- Travel to meet with potential, new, and existing clients onsite and offsite to facilitate sales presentations for venue space and rentals.
- Create and respond to proposals for potential events. Identify appropriate strategy to close sale. Work directly with the client to draft agreement specifications based on event and venue qualifications.
- Collect deposits and execute contracts which involve tedious follow up and being available to answer questions related to contract line items and redline directly form client.
- Collaborate with Legal counsel as needed and communicate with the client’s Legal and event team to achieve mutual agreement to term. Work with accountants directly once the deposit has been sent by client while following all deadlines from the agreement.
- Work with Director of Sales to create a marketing budget, sales presentations, and marketing plans based on industry and trends.
- Make action plans to market the venues specifically based on knowledge and research of clientele and location.
- Communicate and initiate a relationship with the Convention and Visitors Bureaus, as well as Chamber of Commerce and other Associations that relate to promotion of local business, tour and travel to be able to market properly to get a return on investment directly to increase revenue of sales at the venues.
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential for new business opportunities. Track sales and develop status reports on client needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new strategies and clients
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year)
- 5 years of related work experience
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work both independently, and within a team
- Strong networking skills with a proven ability to build and foster relationships with clients and drive new business
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Must be able to market venues and drive new sales
- Experience working with local team and national sales teams
- Must have a strong knowledge of special events
- The ability to forecast sales and budget accordingly
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Must be experienced sales professional with a proven track record of increasing revenue
- Event Sales in a similar facility is preferred
- Marketing background is preferred
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.