AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Allegiant Stadium, located in Las Vegas, NV, will be the future home of the Las Vegas Raiders of the National Football League and the UNLV Rebels of the NCAA Division 1 Football Bowl Subdivision.
The 65,000 seat, 1.75 million square foot, state of the art domed stadium will also host many world-class sporting and entertainment events, including the 2020 and 2021 Pac-12 Football Championship, and will serve as the annual site of the Las Vegas Bowl.
The stadium will also host large trade and corporate shows, public gatherings, private events, and a robust tour program.
The Director of Marketing will oversee all functions of the Marketing department as they relate to creation and implementation of detailed promotional and marketing programs for venue events, venue branding and social media platforms. This individual will be responsible for driving revenue to the building through the development of marketing strategies designed to increase ticket sales and ancillary revenue.
- Oversee the Marketing department including progress and performance to ensure assigned work is completed correctly and on time. Provide mentorship and guidance to develop marketing staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities. Manage marketing workflow by completing marketing department operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Recruit, select, orient and train marketing employees. Plan, monitor and manage staff job results by appraising, giving recognition, counseling and disciplining when needed. Supervise and delegate the work of marketing staff.
- Create detailed promotional and advertising plan identifying targeted demographic for each show. Strategize and research new marketing trends and practices to apply to shows, events, and tours designed to acquire and engage fans, build brand affinity/loyalty and drive ticket sales
- Create ad plans for tours, family shows, and one-off shows. Create press releases, secure promotion, oversee creation of advertising materials and execute plan. Approve radio spots, order art, posters, and banners with official graphics, write and produce promotional videos, coordinate with legal on sensitive material and vendor contracts. Follow up with media outlets and artist management on additional marketing opportunities to increase ticket sales. Liaison with media, venues, vendors, label and artists management.
- Determine department and marketing event budgets and operate within established financial parameters
- Develop new strategies for existing events by analyzing statistics regarding market development; acquiring and analyzing data; consulting with internal and external sources. Provide short- and long-term market forecasts and reports by directing market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data.
- Oversee all social media and digital marketing efforts for venue and individual events through development and implementation of annual plan designed to grow venue database, social followers and event exposure while increasing engagement across all platforms
- Collaborate with booking team to create unique pitches to entice artists to the venue. Brainstorm to develop new techniques for promotions, gifting ideas, and interactions with artists.
- Build and cultivate relationships with artists and artist management by attending live events, networking lunches, meetings. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provide monthly reports, or as needed, to the General Manager regarding inquiries, bookings, site visits, and other sales/marketing promotional programs.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred) in Marketing/Business, Communications or Public Relations Preferred
- 7-10 years of related work experience.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, video creation software and multimedia asset management
- Advanced knowledge in media buying, negotiating, facilitating and documenting agreements
- Knowledge of brand identity, advertising, digital marketing and social media strategy and best practices
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to create and foster relationships
- Knowledge of media buying, negotiating and documenting agreements
- Knowledge of the music industry and artist demographics
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Experience working with and creating budgets
- Experience working as a promoter a plus
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects paying high attention to detail, proofreading, editing, and overseeing production design
- Due to nature of business may be required to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.