AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Allegiant Stadium, located in Las Vegas, NV, will be the future home of the Las Vegas Raiders of the National Football League and the UNLV Rebels of the NCAA Division 1 Football Bowl Subdivision.
The 65,000 seat, 1.75 million square foot, state of the art domed stadium will also host many world-class sporting and entertainment events, including the 2020 and 2021 Pac-12 Football Championship, and will serve as the annual site of the Las Vegas Bowl.
The stadium will also host large trade and corporate shows, public gatherings, private events, and a robust tour program.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Box Office and supervises all ticket selling and cash management functions in coordination with the promoter and building personnel at Allegiant Stadium.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of all box office personnel, providing feedback and guidance as needed.
- Participate in hiring all box office staff: perform initial review of resumes, conduct interviews, and provide input and recommendations for hiring decisions to the Director of Ticketing.
- Use customer service skills, diplomacy and good judgement to resolve any escalated customer service issues such as counterfeit tickets, refunds, reprints, etc.
- Provide required, standard training and information to ensure that staff are well informed and properly trained regarding policies and procedures.
- Staff the box office by setting the monthly schedule to accommodate the promoter, walk-up sales, will call window, seating problems, payment collection, and patron inquiries.
- Track attendance and address attendance issues with employees directly.
- Discuss performance issues with employees. Escalate to Human Resources and/or the Director of Ticketing as needed.
- Ensure that the daily transactions of cashiers, phone sales, and web-based sales reconcile with events outstanding per the general ledger, all source documentation, and ticket inventory maintained outside of the computer ticket system.
- Audit and reconcile cash drawers and sale receipts for all Box Office staff.
- Reconcile the cash vault, facilitate cash transport on and off property with outside vendor and order cash as needed for advances and settlements. Provide the Finance department with a certified event audit statement in a timely manner, to be used at time of settlement.
Create or Customize Event Builds in Ticket System:
- Develop and customize seating and pricing configurations within the computer ticket system for each event in coordination with the promoter, production coordinator and marketing director. Modify standard configurations or create new builds from scratch for unique events or specialized needs.
- Foster business partnerships with promoters by providing information and assistance promptly and accurately upon request. Main point of contact for show ticketing information.
- Communicate with outlets and computer ticket company regularly and keep them properly informed about events and computer operations.
- Maintain files on each event that consists of production kills, seats on-hold for the building and promoter, complimentary ticket vouchers, event audits, and ticket inventory schedules.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience to include working in a box office supervisory position.
- Must have knowledge and experience with TicketMaster ticketing system.
- Ability to work under pressure, while handling large sums of money utilizing prescribed cash management controls and day-to-day tasks concurrently.
- Proficient with computers and the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Dependable, reliable, and punctual.
- Ability to work assigned and varying shifts and complete responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in various parts of the facility.
- Ability to work in various climates based on the environment.
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.