For more than 20 years, AEG has played a pivotal role in transforming sports and live entertainment. Annually, we host more than 160 million guests, promote more than 10,000 shows and present more than 22,000 events around the world. We are committed to innovation, artistry, and community, and leverage the power of our 300+ venues, leading sports franchises, marquee music brands, integrated entertainment districts, premier ticketing platform and global sponsorship activations, to create memorable moments that give the world reason to cheer.
STAPLES Center has clearly established itself as the sports and entertainment center of the world. As the home of four professional sports franchises – the NBA’s Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers, the NHL’s Los Angeles Kings and the WNBA’s Los Angeles Sparks – STAPLES Center has proven to be a home court advantage for the local teams. The AEG owned and operated arena continues to distinguish itself as the host of major, high-profile events of national and international distinction including the 2004, 2011 & 2018 NBA All-Star Games, 2002 & 2017 NHL All-Star Game, 2000 Democratic National Convention, 2009 World Figure Skating Championships and 18 of the last 20 GRAMMY Awards shows. STAPLES Center’s nineteen years have also been marked with performances and special events that brought international stature to the downtown Los Angeles venue including concerts Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Prince, U2, Paul McCartney, Garth Brooks, Usher, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Keith Urban, Roger Waters, Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran, Kendrick Lamar, Michael Bublé, Carrie Underwood and Justin Timberlake, as well as world championship boxing, family shows and special events. Hosting over 250 events a year, the arena’s reputation for world-class amenities, features and commitment to quality of service and the guest experience is second to none.
The Security Department’s team is responsible for the safety and security of STAPLES Center and Microsoft Theater L.A. LIVE’s guests, team members, and assets at all times.
- Conduct patrols of the building on a regular basis.
- Respond to all security and safety related issues in a timely manner.
- Investigate incidents and compile information for official reports.
- Perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, without the loss of efficiency or composure.
- Use excellent customer service skills when interacting with guests, clients, and staff.
- Complete all assigned tasks within the guidelines and deadlines set by Security Managers and Supervisors.
- Comply with all legal and ethical instructions given by Event Security Managers and Supervisors.
- Have a basic understanding of the rule of law and the corresponding penal codes.
- Ability to memorize, recollect and quickly relay relevant information when requested.
- Ability to interact effectively and calmly with angry or emotional guests and staff during intensely aggravated circumstances.
- Ability to effectively perform in crises situations and work under pressure without the loss of composure.
- Ability to maintain guest, team member, and company confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of related work experience
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English
- Applicants must have and maintain a valid California Guard Card, or Proprietary Security Officer Card, OR be willing to obtain one prior to employment, for the duration of employment.
- Candidate must be available to work at least four (4) various event shifts per week, including afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be available Saturday's and Sunday's plus two (2) additional week days.
- Shift start time by 5pm (weekends and double headers vary)
- End time is at the end of the event (approximately 11pm)
- CPR / AED / First Aid training
- Tasks are performed with moderate supervision.
- Walking and standing occurs 90% of the time.
- Speaking, walking, running, lifting, listening and visual observations occur continuously.
- Some tasks may require team members to come in contact with hazardous chemicals.
- Team members should use precautions and follow safety guidelines.
- Must be available to work events between 5pm to end of the event (approximately 11pm)
- Must be able to test weekly for Covid-19 using company vendor.
- The employee must maintain a neat, well-groomed and professional appearance in line with our "On Stage Spotlight" Encore| LA program that conveys professionalism at all times, whether in the venue or out of the venue.
At STAPLES Center we are taking precautions recommended by the County of LA Public Health department and CDC. We have controlled building access with health screenings prior to entering, all staff must wear a face mask, during events we have different zones to diminish close contact between staff, outdoor break areas, hand sanitizer throughout the building, and frequent cleaning and disinfecting.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
AEG is committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today's business climate.
This Employer is subject to the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO) (LAMC 189.00)