AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company, with offices on five continents. The company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
STAPLES Center has clearly established itself as the sports and entertainment center of the world. As the home of four professional sports franchises – the NBA’s Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers, the NHL’s Los Angeles Kings and the most recent 2016 WNBA Champions Los Angeles Sparks – STAPLES Center has proven to be a home court advantage for the local teams. The AEG owned and operated arena continues to distinguish itself as the host of major, high-profile events of national and international distinction including the 2004 & 2011 NBA All-Star Games, 2002 & 2017 NHL All-Star Game, 2000 Democratic National Convention, 2009 World Figure Skating Championships and 17 of the last 18 GRAMMY Awards shows. STAPLES Center’s sixteen years have also been marked with performances and special events that brought international stature to the downtown Los Angeles venue including concerts Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Prince U2, Paul McCartney, Garth Brooks, Usher, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Keith Urban, Roger Waters, Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran, Kendrick Lamar, Sade and Justin Timberlake, as well as world championship boxing, family shows and special events. Hosting over 250 events a year, the arena’s reputation for world-class amenities, features and commitment to quality of service and the guest experience is second to none. Staples, Inc. entered into a 20-year agreement to become the arena’s Naming Rights Partner December 1, 1998, which has since been extended into perpetuity.
This position will be responsible for overseeing the presentation of all cameras, graphics, videos and replays to the main video program that presented in the venue during an event. This position is a creative and technical position that will assist in event-based productions, closed circuit television, and other related duties. This position requires a flexible, part-time work schedule which will include some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- The video director will coordinate with the event presentation producer(s) for various teams and events as needed to present their vision to the main screens of the venue. This may include pre-production meetings with the teams and organizing how best to accomplish the planned events throughout the event.
- Video director will brief all control room staff of their responsibilities and the show’s needs pertaining to each station and/or position.
- Video director will monitor and communicate on multiple channels of intercom to get information from the event producer and then communicate actions to the crew including but not limited to; Camera shots and locations, graphics needs, video needs, replay requests, camera control requests and the over all pace and look of the video screens and graphics boards.
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education):
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (BA/BS Degree (4-year) preferred)
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience
- 5+ years of experience working in a professional video company preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of all control room stations and proper operations
- Knowledge of the proper use of intercom systems i.e. Riedel, Telex, Clearcom, etc.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities and projects
- Must be a very organized and work well under pressure
- Must work well in a team environment
- Ability to work in various climates based on the environment
- Ability to demonstrate dependability and reliability by being punctual, working assigned and varying shifts, and completing responsibilities in a timely manner are required
- Must have the ability to stand, sit, crouch, and bend throughout the course of daily activities with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must have the ability to stand or sit in one location for a minimum of six hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):
- 3+ years of event-based production experience
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
AEG is committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today's business climate.
This Employer is subject to the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO) (LAMC 189.00)