AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Oakland Arena and RingCentral Coliseum
Home to many of the most iconic performances of all time, Oracle Arena and RingCentral Coliseum are Northern California’s most legendary music and event venues. Since opening, the multi-purpose facilities have hosted a spectrum of concerts, sporting events and other major attractions totaling audiences of nearly 100 million. Located in Oakland, CA and managed by AEG Facilities, Oracle Arena and RingCentral Coliseum are home to the MLB’s Oakland Athletics and the NFL’s Oakland Raiders. The venues continue to host legendary acts and welcome countless sold out concerts, multiple-show runs and major music festivals.
The Human Resources Generalist plays an active role in carrying out the day to day operations of the Human Resources Department to ensure a consistent, high level delivery of HR services to all staff. This position will have accountability for payroll processing as well employee relations matters and full-cycle recruitment. This role is responsible for performing generalist responsibilities including, but not limited to: employee and labor relations, performance management, change management initiatives, shaping the employee experience, creating an inclusive culture, and policy improvement, implementation, and administration while following AEG Human Resources policies to assure compliance with legal requirements, government reporting regulations and Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Work closely with department managers to ensure department and organizational compliance with new and ongoing laws. Lead the departmental training programs by designing and developing training curriculum. Map out training plan implementation. Work with management to help create and prepare educational aids and materials for use during training sessions. Engage with outside vendors as necessary.
- Manage recruitment life-cycle process, including, but not limited to, posting, screening, on-boarding new candidates and conducting new-hire orientations.
- Develop systems, processes, and procedures to improve upon the overall operation effectiveness and efficiency of the HR Department. Will manage development of associated written policies and SOPs
- Review the accurate and timely preparation, input, analysis and processing of weekly and semi-monthly payroll data. Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Prepare weekly, biweekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports as needed including payroll registers and HR reports. Perform various journal entries, account reconciliations, and general ledger support. Stay current on payroll systems to achieve alignment with other departments and to ensure effective accounting support.
- Audit payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc. as necessary. Run events worked reports, monthly Zero Hours Worked Reports, weekly overtime reports and other reports as requested.
- Support special requests by the various unions (i.e. special audits, generating reports, etc.)
- Ensure all payroll adjustments, bonuses, etc. are accurately processed in a timely manner and in accordance with contract terms. Process requests for paycheck adjustments, retro amounts and final checks, as necessary.
- Verify systems are set-up and updated to reflect current employee base, including wages, benefits, sick and vacation time in alignment with applicable union contracts and other policies.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures to recommend and implement changes leading to best practice operations
- Responds to inquiries from staff and managers regarding established Human Resources policies, procedures, and practices; including applicable CBA language.
- Researches and resolves employee inquiries
- Maintains a presence with employees by attending pre-shift and department meeting as well as events
- Advises Managers on effective coaching and counseling and assists with conflict resolution documentation and delivery of corrective action
- Prepares applicable paperwork and ensures HR has representation in disciplinary meetings
- Conduct employee relations counseling and investigations.
- Assure that appropriate corrective actions are consistently administered and advise management in various business units on appropriate resolutions
- Management of day-to-day paperwork associated with employees’ payroll and benefits. Ensuring regulatory compliance of all HR related functions
- Maintain and organize department records, ensuring complete accuracy and confidentiality. Ensuring compliance of all documents and administering record retention and purging of personnel files.
- Conduct regular HRIS data audits to ensure accuracy of employee data
- Organize and work independently on assigned task/projects and complete assignments within specified deadlines
- Perform other tasks/projects as needed
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year)
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience
- Must be able to work independently to perform work assignments and make sound business decisions
- Significant knowledge of recruitment, employee and labor relations, HRIS, payroll, and training and development
- General knowledge of compensation and benefits.
- Experience working within Union Environments/CBA’s
- Proven ability to handle confidential information and sensitive issues in a professional manner.
- Excellent Written & Oral communications, comfortable with public speaking, organizational skills a must
- Advanced conflict resolution skills required
- Excellent computer skills; MS Office proficient; Familiar with HRIS programs/functionality
- Solid knowledge of personnel administration principles and practices
- Familiarity with Federal and State employment and leave laws (i.e., FLSA, HIPPA, FMLA, CFRA, PDL, ADA, FEHA)
- Ability to build and maintain very effective relationships and work successfully as an influencer across organization lines at all levels; excellent customer service skills.
- Due to nature of business and entertainment industry, employees’ may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company, including, nights, weekends, and in some cases, holidays.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.