AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Oracle Arena and RingCentral Coliseum
Home to many of the most iconic performances of all time, Oracle Arena and RingCentral Coliseum are Northern California’s most legendary music and event venues. Since opening, the multi-purpose facilities have hosted a spectrum of concerts, sporting events and other major attractions totaling audiences of nearly 100 million. Located in Oakland, CA and managed by AEG Facilities, Oracle Arena and RingCentral Coliseum are home to the MLB’s Oakland Athletics and the NFL’s Oakland Raiders. The venues continue to host legendary acts and welcome countless sold out concerts, multiple-show runs and major music festivals.
The Manager, Accounting will be responsible for a variety of daily and monthly financial accounting duties including account reconciliations and analysis, preparation of journal entries and related monthly close documents, financial records maintenance and monthly financial reporting. The position will supervise staff and requires strong knowledge of accounting principles and experience.
- Oversee General Ledger, Accounts Receivable/Payable, and Payroll functions
- Prepare and administer budgets
- Manage and protect company cash and assets
- Reconcile and analyze GL accounts including bank accounts, accounts receivable, pre-paid, accounts payable, accrued liabilities, deferred revenue accounts and other accounts as required
- Review contracts and manage proper recognition of related revenue
- Gather, compile, analyze and evaluate data from department heads for monthly financial statements, budget and forecasts
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries on a timely basis
- Provide management and oversight of event settlements
- Ensure compliance with department policies, procedures and 404
- Develop, implement, and oversee procedures and controls for various business functions
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analyses for management; create and oversee audit schedules and provide support as needed for both internal and external audits
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred) in Finance, Accounting or Related Field
- A minimum of 5 years of related, accounting/finance work experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills; communicates effectively with management pertaining to finance and operation activities
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Proficient in accounting software systems (JD Edwards a plus); proficient with MS Office, particularly Excel
- Ability to accurately evaluate and input information using a moderately complex financial accounting system
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet all deadlines
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work extended hours as needed to accommodate monthly, quarterly and year-end closings
- CPA - highly preferred
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.