AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Home to many of the most iconic performances of all time, Oracle Arena and RingCentral Coliseum are Northern California’s most legendary music and event venues. Since opening, the multi-purpose facilities have hosted a spectrum of concerts, sporting events and other major attractions totaling audiences of nearly 100 million. Located in Oakland, CA and managed by AEG Facilities, Oracle Arena and RingCentral Coliseum are home to the MLB’s Oakland Athletics and the NFL’s Oakland Raiders. The venues continue to host legendary acts and welcome countless sold out concerts, multiple-show runs and major music festivals.
The Security Representative will work to maintain the safety and security of all employees, guests and clients at the Oracle Arena and RingCentral Coliseum shows and events. The Security Representative will be an escalation point for all security-related issues and will assist in controlling the diffusion of any incidents at the venue. The incumbent in this position must know and enforce all Oracle Arena and RingCentral Coliseum rules and policies; comply with all legal and ethical instructions provided by the Management team; and ensure/maintain the highest levels of integrity for themselves and the security staff.
- Investigate and compile accurate incident reports. Review camera footage, locate witnesses, and work closely with law enforcement as needed.
- Monitor and record activity on venue security cameras. Ensure that all cameras are working properly and are unobstructed.
- Patrol venue to ensure a safe and comfortable environment. Observe, report, and control ongoing activity, keeping track of unusual occurrences. Assist with the ejection or control of unruly, disruptive or intoxicated guests.
- Monitor entry and access point for the venue. Screen and confirm all employees, vendors, delivery personnel, guests and artists entering the venue to ensure appropriate access. Review and verify documentation to ensure validity.
- Escort artists, VIPs, guests and employees to protect and prevent unwanted attention, disruption, incident or injury.
- Respond, observe and document all medical situations and request EMT/medical personnel. Assist with minor first aid situations. Coordinate transportation for friends and family of afflicted when necessary.
- Assist with all customer service needs before, during and after each show, including: directions, instructions, information, escorts and medical.
- Document in writing all activity, movement and repairs in appropriate log ensuring all incidents are accurately described.
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum education level of High School Diploma or its equivalency (BA/BS Degree Preferred)
- A minimum of 2-4 years of related work experience
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Expert organizational, leadership and time management skills
- Must have a valid Security Guard Card
- Must be able to work long hours including nights, weekends and some holidays
- Valid CPR and AED certifications preferred
- Knowledgeable of OSHA/ADA laws and regulations
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time when monitoring, checking access, or on patrol throughout the venue, including going up and down stairs in an arena setting. If needed, must be able to apprehend and hold individuals until a deputy arrives.
- Law enforcement or security experience is preferred
- Tasks are performed with moderate supervision.
- Walking and standing occurs 90% of the time.
- Talking, hearing, walking, running, and vision activities occur continuously.
- Some tasks may require employees to come in contact with hazardous chemicals. Employee should use precautions and follow safety guidelines.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.