AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Home to many of the most iconic performances of all time, Oracle Arena and RingCentral Coliseum are Northern California’s most legendary music and event venues. Since opening, the multi-purpose facilities have hosted a spectrum of concerts, sporting events and other major attractions totaling audiences of nearly 100 million. Located in Oakland, CA and managed by AEG Facilities, Oracle Arena and RingCentral Coliseum are home to the MLB’s Oakland Athletics and the NFL’s Oakland Raiders. The venues continue to host legendary acts and welcome countless sold out concerts, multiple-show runs and major music festivals.
The Facility Security Supervisor is responsible for the safety and security of AEG patrons, employees and assets. Additionally responsible for the performance and conduct of all Facility Security Officers at the Oakland venues.
- Responsible for the quality of the performance, conduct and effectiveness of the entire facility security team as a cohesvie unit assigned to the site.
- Direct and monitor the performance, conduct and attendance of facility security officers assigned to the site
- Perform supervisor conduct inspections at the start of each shift to ensure the professional appearance of the entirefacility security team assigned to the site, and that each security guard is mentally and physically ready to perform the role up to the standards established.
- Manage the quality and accuracy of the all daily activity reports/logs and incident reports generated at the site by reviewing the information against security camera footage, then making amendments or adjustments if needed.
- Contact law enforcement partners to obtain relevant information on issues within the surrounding community to understand the impact on the stadium, and decide appropriate actions to be taken by security team.
- Communicate and relevant issues/threats to the Facility Security Manager and inform how the issues are being dealt with/handles, or actions taken.
- Responsible for staying informed and enforcing appropriate security protocols, procedures and security measures.
- Attend security briefings (i.e. joint terrorism task force) and constantly review SOP for security departments to ensure compliance.
- Adhere to and enforce the Security Department's Prime Directives.
- Comply with, implement and adhere to all legal and ethical instructions given by Security Management team.Maintain proper staffing level at the site
- Maintaining proper staffing level at the site, in case of sick calls/ absences, also make sure staff is rotated among the posts throughout the shifts. Managing onsite day-of schedule rotations utilizing the MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) to ensure compliance.
- Take an active participatory role in creating and conducting on-going, in-service training for the security personnel assigned to the site.
- Assist and participate in conducting and developing periodical performance appraisals and corrective action plans of the facility security officers assigned to the site.
- Responsible for the security and proper control of the lost and found items turned into the Security Department at the assigned gate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year).
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience
- Ability to effectively manage crises and work under pressure without loss of composure; exhibit maturity by making sound judgments
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License
- Ability to accept responsibility for the performance and conduct of the entire facility security team assigned to the site
- Ability to exhibit leadership qualities, motivate staff and lead by example; maintain good business relations with all the employees and managers
- Ability to memorize, recollect and quickly retrieve relevant information.
- Ability to interact effectively and calmly with angry or emotional patrons and employees during intensely aggravated circumstances.
- Ability to lead and participate in departmental and company-wide meetings and trainings.
- Ability to maintain patron, employee, and company confidentiality.
- Ability to supervise effectively, fairly and efficiently.
- Must have a current California guard card, or be willing and able to obtain one prior to employment.
- Previous law enforcement or security background highly desired.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.