AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Home to many of the most iconic performances of all time, Oracle Arena and RingCentral Coliseum are Northern California’s most legendary music and event venues. Since opening, the multi-purpose facilities have hosted a spectrum of concerts, sporting events and other major attractions totaling audiences of nearly 100 million. Located in Oakland, CA and managed by AEG Facilities, Oracle Arena and RingCentral Coliseum are home to the MLB’s Oakland Athletics and the NFL’s Oakland Raiders. The venues continue to host legendary acts and welcome countless sold out concerts, multiple-show runs and major music festivals.
The Vice President of Sales and Sponsorship is responsible for the development, implementation and fulfillment of all aspects of sales at Oracle Arena. This key role is responsible for establishing the strategies and philosophies that will drive the sales teams and plans to achieve targeted revenue objectives, ensuring that decisions drive the long-term success of the department and venues. The areas of focus include sponsorship, sales of tickets, VIP Packages, suites and private event space throughout Oracle Arena venues.
- Oversee the development of sales plans to achieve revenue objectives
- Explore new opportunities and events that have potential to bring sponsorships to Oracle Arena. Review potential clients to evaluate possible partnership opportunities.
- Create and develop customized sponsorship presentations to potential and current high priority clients to create new sponsorship deals or continue partnerships.
- Evaluate historical data and reference guides to develop a strategy for creating sponsorships for specific events.
- Oversee the hiring, development, and training of the sales team, adapting the team’s focus based on the needs of the department and AEG. Practice and promote an environment of learning and growth and look for opportunities to expand responsibilities for high-performing employees.
- Lead the development of new and existing sales strategies for venue rental suite and group sales, VIP programs and packages, and premium event space. Develop new sales packages, pricing, and renewals for suites and premier sales that encompass all Oracle Arena inventory.
- Manage multiple expense and revenue budgets to ensure profitability.
- Ensure arena operations and suite customer service personnel work together effectively to ensure objectives and initiatives are achieved.
- Manage any sales and sponsorship projects as assigned by the General Manager.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred)
- A minimum of 10 Years of related work experience of sales experience in the sports and/or entertainment industry
- Extensive knowledge of brand, sales, and sponsorships
- Strong relationship skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn applicable business systems
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively write a business plan detailing all the products in the premium seating sales department
- Ability to coordinate the efforts of individuals from multiple business units to accomplish the goals of the company
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to consistently prioritize projects, meetings, and fast-changing schedules, while remaining productive and professional
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.