AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Oracle Arena & Oakland/Alameda County Coliseum are AEG Facilities-managed venues and Northern California's premiere sports and entertainment venues home to the Oakland Athletics (MLB), Oakland Raiders (NFL) and Golden State Warriors (NBA). Additionally, we host the top entertainers, family shows and special events at our venues.
The Director of Security is responsible for the Oakland - Alameda County Coliseum and Oracle Arena security operations for AEG, including but not limited to, anti-terrorism, risk management, loss prevention, safety, training, investigations and intelligence, budgeting, emergency preparedness, disaster prevention, and personnel management. This individual will oversee the day-to-day security operations of the facility.
- Lead Oakland - Alameda County Coliseum and Oracle Arena security initiatives and operations including developing, maintaining, and overseeing the day-to-day operations of the security department.
- Provide leadership of security operations including vulnerability mitigation, incident response, and risk assessments.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement policies, standards, and procedures to safeguard the company.
- Ensure all building security systems are operating as necessary during event and non-event periods. Security systems include, but are not limited to: CCTV cameras and access control; all physical security equipment (magnetometers, hand-wands, bollards, etc.).
- Serve as escalation point to client/employee inquiries, concerns, and/or complaints. Prevent future issues by examining all past situations and maintaining a pro-active thought process.
- Establish measures, metrics, thresholds, and targets to drive performance in alignment with security, and other business strategies.
- Lead security managers responsible for security, negotiating vendor contracts and relationships, and implementing new systems or procedures.
- Responsible for championing awareness, influencing compliance with security policies, and providing solutions for business specific security issues.
- Develop, create and implement an accepted and sustainable security culture. Address employee conduct and performance issues.
- Establish and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with customers, including local, state and federal authorities.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred)
- A minimum of 7-10 years of related work experience
- At least 7 years of experience handling investigations, personnel matters, and case management
- Experience handling sensitive information and intelligence
- Experience with executive protection
- Thorough knowledge of CCTV, fire alarm systems, computerized access control systems, and wireless radio communication
- Experience with or knowledge of security-related legislation and regulation
- Ability to work with the public effectively, tactfully and safely
- Ability to effectively manage, motivate and lead members of the security team
- Ability to effectively manage crises and work under pressure.
- Ability to work irregular/extended hours; including nights, weekends, holidays (required)
- Computer skills: sufficient computer knowledge to operate personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors; subject to adverse conditions
- Practical knowledge of law enforcement procedures, technical writing, civil law, criminal law, security procedures, investigative procedures, training programs and personnel management.
- Ability to understand business issues and processes and to articulate the business context of projects/processes.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with internal and external constituencies and building tenants.
- Active participation on security-related industry groups and advisory boards.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.