AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Oracle Arena and Oakland/Alameda County Coliseum are AEG Facilities-managed venues and Northern California's premiere sports and entertainment venues home to the Oakland Athletics (MLB), Oakland Raiders (NFL) and Golden State Warriors (NBA). Additionally, we host the top entertainers, family shows and special events at our venues.
The Event Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing event logistics from start (advancing show) to finish (load-out; event settlement). Functions as facility liaison to promoters and clients. Manages, coordinates and plans all aspects of events – primarily concerts, family shows, and community and special events. Provides on-site supervision of events and staff. Performs paraprofessional, supervisory, and administrative work with all activities pertaining to event operations.
- Work with Promoters, and clients to understand expectations of successful event; Serve as facility liaison to promoters and clients.
- Establish event needs based on promoter and client expectations; Communicate staffing and logistical needs to internal department and outside agencies and vendors
- Ensure proper execution of staffing deployments, equipment rentals and house logistics to meet promoter and client expectations.
- Prepare event and labor estimates; Collect cost estimates based on event needs and promoter/client requests. Work with internal department heads on recommended staffing levels.
- Ensure contractual obligations and policies are maintained.
- Prepare seating and event diagrams using AutoCAD
- Work with Finance department on timely and accurate event settlements.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree preferred)
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in concert and show management
- Previous event experience and/or production experiencing involving concert set-up, audio, video, lighting, and rigging
- Previous supervisory experience of event staff
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team environment
- Knowledge of sports and entertainment event management and/or event operations
- Proficient in MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel); ability to learn AutoCAD and other required business systems
- Ability to be available to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is preferred
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.