AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Home to many of the most iconic performances of all time, Oracle Arena and RingCentral Coliseum are Northern California’s most legendary music and event venues. Since opening, the multi-purpose facilities have hosted a spectrum of concerts, sporting events and other major attractions totaling audiences of nearly 100 million. Located in Oakland, CA and managed by AEG Facilities, Oracle Arena and RingCentral Coliseum are home to the MLB’s Oakland Athletics and the NFL’s Oakland Raiders. The venues continue to host legendary acts and welcome countless sold out concerts, multiple-show runs and major music festivals.
The Ticket Agent serves as a liaison between guests and the Oracle Arena & Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum's box office. Engages in ticket sales, will call, and resolution of any and all ticket issues.
- Process customer ticket sales and will call pickups
- Answer guest questions with regard to event and facility, e.g. location of a particular section, price of tickets, dates of future events, etc.
- Handle complaints, discrepancies, or related ticket problems with guests and staff when applicable
- Utilize Ticketmaster software to troubleshoot any and all ticket issues, e.g. reprinting tickets, researching scan history of a ticket, selling a new ticket, etc.
- Respond to guest concerns in a respectful and calm manner and work closely with Director of Ticketing or Box Office Manager as needed
- Have a thorough knowledge of all AEG Oakland facilities, scheduling, venue services, attractions, and event logistics
- This position requires heavy interaction with the public providing courteous, friendly and professional assistance
- Maintain a positive, outgoing demeanor, adhering to the core expectations of our Box Office team at all times
- Arrive for shift on time neatly groomed and in a clean, pressed, well-maintained game-day business attire as determined by AEG
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Ticketing or Box Office Manager, e.g. distributing tickets to the public at will call, selling tickets in ticket selling terminals, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ticketmaster software knowledge preferred, but not required
- Prior guest services experience preferred
- Prior experience working in a major high profile event facility a great plus
- Team player spirit with an exceptional customer service attitude
- Must be able to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Must be personable and pro-active in providing assistance to all guests with the highest level of customer service
- Excellent communication skills required with thorough understanding of written and spoken English
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and diplomacy when dealing with the public
- Must be able to traverse a variety of terrain and floor surfaces including stairs, escalators, carpet and concrete
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment and stressful situations
- Passion for delivering customer service that exceeds all expectations
- Ability to make quick, complex, proactive decisions under pressure with little or no supervision
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment generating effective solutions quickly and/or raising issues to management as necessary
- Must be able to work in a team environment interacting with multiple departments
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.