AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Home to many of the most iconic performances of all time, Oracle Arena and RingCentral Coliseum are Northern California’s most legendary music and event venues. Since opening, the multi-purpose facilities have hosted a spectrum of concerts, sporting events and other major attractions totaling audiences of nearly 100 million. Located in Oakland, CA and managed by AEG Facilities, Oracle Arena and RingCentral Coliseum are home to the MLB’s Oakland Athletics and the NFL’s Oakland Raiders. The venues continue to host legendary acts and welcome countless sold out concerts, multiple-show runs and major music festivals.
The Event Representative will be responsible for monitoring events and ensuring that the guests have an enjoyable experience while maintaining the policies and guidelines of Oracle Arena and Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. Event Representatives will have dual responsibility working with guests and staff on event days.
- Oversee a portion of the Arena and Stadium and respond to any situations within assigned area. For example: ticket issues, ADA relocations, guest complaints, etc. Handle complaints, disturbances, or related problems with guests and staff when applicable. Respond to guest concerns in a respectful and calm manner
- Greet and guide all guests in a welcoming, friendly manner & thank all guests for coming upon egress. Answer guest questions with regard to event and stadium, e.g. location of a particular section, concession stands, restrooms.
- Provide staff briefings at the beginning of each event to assist with employee compliance of AEG policies/procedures.
- Ensure non-smoking policy, and other public safety concerns are responsibly handled both internally and externally. Understanding of the Oakland-Alameda Coliseum and Oracle Arena layout and policies and procedures.
- Respond to guest concerns in a respectful and calm manner and works closely with Guest Services Manager or Event Manager as needed. Document any problems or issues that arise during the event. Communicate guest and management issues/concerns over a radio.
- Assist with Arena and Stadium set-up procedures; including: opening and locking/unlocking gates, checking elevators, delivering documents and equipment, etc.
- Assist management in executing emergency procedures if necessary Work closely with the Event Manager as needed.
- Manage lost & found program on event day, including logging in new found items and reuniting them with owners.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (BA/BS Degree Preferred)
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong in-person customer services experience.
- Ability to make quick, complex, proactive decisions under pressure with little or no supervision.
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment generating effective solutions quickly and/or raising issues to management as necessary.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated self-starter with a proactive attitude.
- Must be able to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Must be able to traverse a variety of terrain and floor surfaces including stairs, escalators, carpet and concrete.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to operate a tablet or a laptop efficiently.
- Must be able to work in a team environment interacting with multiple departments.
- Available to work non-traditional hours (nights, weekends, and holidays).
- Mandatory attendance at most Raider Football games.
- Experience in a supervisory role preferred.
- Prior facility event experience preferred.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.