AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Reporting to the Security Management Team, Security Officers are responsible for security during events and on a continuous operating basis. Security officers are required to provide a safe and secure environment for all NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum employees, guests, performers, vendors, contractors, and visitors. Officers are also responsible for assisting in the deployment and activation of the NYCB Live Emergency Response Plan and NYCB Live Evacuation Plan. Assistance with investigations as needed is also required. Excellent customer service towards internal and external clients is mandatory. This is a part-time, event-based, union and hourly position.
- Uphold the Security Department’s Prime Directives, most importantly our mission to take reasonable steps to protect the safety and security of our venues’ guests, employees, and assets with respect towards everyone’s dignity and legal rights.
- Resolve escalated security situations, providing appropriate warnings and complete ejections/arrests if warranted/necessary.
- Ensure enforcement and compliance of the venue’s Event Policies at all times.
- Assist with directional and informational inquiries. Serve as escalation point for complaints/issues.
- Appropriately document all major/minor incidents and/or investigations.
- Represent NYCB Live and the Security Department in an exemplary manner.
- Apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems in order to successfully perform and direct varied & complex tasks.
- Perform a variety of duties often changing from one task to another of a different nature without the loss of efficiency or composure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Active NYS Security Guard License and 8-hour annual training required.
- Ability to work various shifts including weekdays, weeknights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Ability to maintain good business relations with all the employees & managers in other departments.
- Ability to effectively perform in crisis and to work under pressure without loss of composure.
- Ability to exhibit maturity by making sound judgment.
- Ability to memorize, re-collect, and quickly retrieve relevant information.
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with building personnel, guests, visitors, clients, and vendors.
- An understanding of all the rules of law, the relevant penal codes and company policies.
- Must have strong teamwork etiquette.
- Must be able to adapt to changes in assignment per event.
- Must maintain a high standard of grooming.
- Ability to maintain patron, employee, and company confidentiality.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to walk/stand and climb stairs for more than 4 hours.
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English in a working environment
- Ability to work in various climates based on the environment (including cold weather).
- Talking, hearing, walking, running, & vision activities occur continuously.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum and AEG Facilities are committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today’s business climate.