AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for administrative support in functional areas of the Human Resource department, which may include recruitment, pre-employment, new hire, employee relations, personnel records, job descriptions, compensation and other duties as assigned.
This position is the face of Human Resources and must emanate a high level of interpersonal skill and customer service in person and on the telephone. The Human Resources Assistant is also the first point of contact for guests and other visitors of NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. The individual must have a pleasant and inviting demeanor and be a motivated self-starter with an unparalleled work ethic. Must be highly confidential and follow human resource protocols, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a professional, friendly and hospitable presence in all internal and external interactions;
- Answering, fielding, and directing phone calls to the appropriate party within the organization.
- Serve as main point of contact for employees. Answer routine employee requests and questions. Escalate issues to the appropriate resources as needed.
- Deal with queries or requests from the internal employees, clients, guests and general public
- Provide overall administrative support to the HR department, including maintaining/processing documentation and records.
- Support recruiting and onboarding by coordinating schedules, background checks and preparing new hire/benefit packets.
- Assist HR team in employee administration tasks such as I-9 document verification, document collection, audits, and other projects and activities as requested. Assist in maintaining employee directories and recommends any corrections that may be needed.
- Perform various administrative tasks in support of the office including: scheduling meetings, making photocopies, faxing, creating documents, PowerPoint presentations, filing, preparing correspondence, processing mail and expedited mail services, etc.
- Maintain personnel files and filing system.
- Provide support to the Payroll Manager by running reports and assisting in other tasks as requested.
- Assist in the set up of internal meetings and training sessions, including scheduling rooms, food ordering, etc
- Conduct routine HR audits (e.g., I-9 forms, Employee Files, etc.)
- Stock kitchen pantry in the executive office, administrative offices, and employee break room
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Assistant to maintain par stock areas of all office supplies
- BA/BS Degree (4-year) in Human Resources, IO Psychology or related field required
- A minimum 1-2 years of Human Resources experience
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and public relations skills
- Excellent customer service skills working with diverse backgrounds
- Possess and exude a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Ability to prioritize projects and tasks while remaining productive and professional
- Self-starter with a willingness and enthusiasm for taking on additional responsibility
- Creative and detail oriented, organized and capable of meeting established deadlines
- Independent thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of and success with conflict management and resolution
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employee laws and regulations
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum and AEG Facilities are committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today’s business climate.