AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Audiovisual Technical Coordinator is responsible for the set up, operation, maintenance, organization, and deployment of various audio and video technologies throughout NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
This part-time position is also responsible for a variety of media, audio, video, and scoreboard services and equipment. The position requires a personable and well-rounded individual to work both independently with hands-on responsibilities and cooperatively with other team members.
- Setup, test, and operate multimedia equipment for concerts, sports events, press conferences, and private events
- Interface with clients and show technicians to acquire necessary audio and video feeds
- Deploy and test intercoms, microphones, speakers, and other equipment for events
- Coordinate with crew members the deployment and storage of all equipment used for events, maintaining equipment inventory logs
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning audio cables and connectors
- Work with others to maintain a clean, labeled, and organized inventory of equipment and tools
- Interface with event managers to ensure technical needs are met for events
- Perform quality control checks for audio and video throughout the arena during events
- At least three years of experience in a similar role or related field, with an associates or bachelors degree in audio or video technology or, a combination of relevant education and experience
- Experience mixing and operating audio equipment for live event
- Good communication, time management, project management and organizational skills a must
- Attention to detail and experience working in a team-oriented environment required
- Must be able to troubleshoot technical issues under pressure
- Must possess a very strong technical background
- Must possess a “self-starter”, entrepreneurial personality
- Ability to work long hours covering games and events on nights, weekends, and holidays
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum and AEG Facilities are committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today’s business climate.