Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the Business Operations area, including the SVP of Programming and Business Operations, Senior Director of Partnerships, and Director of Marketing. Supports Leaders through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the arena’s concepts, practices and procedures. Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to the SVP Business Operations for Nassau Events Center, LLC
NEC, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Maintain contact lists
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Order office supplies
- Book travel arrangements
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide information by answering questions and requests
- Research and creates presentations
- Generate reports
- Handle multiple projects
- Prepare and monitor invoices
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Organize travel arrangements
- Book conference calls, rooms, taxis, couriers, hotels etc.
- Maintain computer and filing systems
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Take accurate minutes of meetings
- Reply to email, telephone or face to face inquiries with professionalism
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient
- Answer telephone calls and delegate appropriately
- Manage appointments
- Greet and assist high-level clients and visitors to the office
- Copy and print out documents
- Other duties as assigned
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Proven admin or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office, advanced in Power Point preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
- Reporting Skills
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal Communication
- Office Administration Procedures
- Attention to Detail
- Discretion and Judgment
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel on rare occasions.
Physical Demands: This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Work Environment: The incumbent primarily works in an office environment. May be required to occasionally work events on nights, weekends, and holidays.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.