AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Uniform Room Specialists are responsible for managing the entire uniform distribution process at NYCB LIVE, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Primary responsibilities include: issuing uniforms to individual staff members on event days, tracking inventory and organization of the uniform room, managing cleaning rotations, and requires positive communication with staff, vendors, and management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain pleasant, friendly and professional demeanor with staff at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining the NYCB Live Uniform Rooms which includes:
- Distributing/collecting uniforms for Guest Services (can include other departments) staff daily
- Distributing/collecting cold weather jackets from greeter/ticket-taker
- Assuring soiled uniforms are prepared to be sent to the cleaners
- Sizing and assigning uniforms to all new hires
- Organizing all aspects of the uniform room including uniform and upkeep nightly (per shift)
- Track cleaning rotation and inventory of all cold weather jackets.
- Manage all uniform alterations and repairs and make requests from vendors as needed.
- Routinely inventory all aspects of Guest Services and other department uniforms and maintain per stock levels for all uniform items.
- Promptly report reorder needs and damage information to coordinators or managers.
- Responsible for being available and approachable to staff with questions/concerns about their uniform and uniform policies before, during, and after events.
- Monitor employee locker rooms on a continuous basis and report any employee issues as it relates to conduct.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all NYCB Live staff and management.
- Act as a liaison between uniform vendor/cleaning company and Guest Services Management
- Perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another, without the loss of efficiency or composure.
- Complete all assigned tasks within the guidelines & deadlines set by Guest Services Managers.
- Responsible for maintaining a fun, friendly, and safe environment as staff arrive and depart from arena for assigned shifts.
- Effectively and calmly interact with angry or emotional employees.
- Ability to memorize, recollect, and quickly retrieve relevant information.
- Follow all operating policies and procedures at all times.
- Maintain company confidentiality.
- Additional tasks as assigned by management/supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year prior customer service experience, preferably in a sports/entertainment venue environment.
- Reliable, punctual, and regular in attendance with good communication skills.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from NYCB LIVE for scheduled shifts.
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English in a working environment.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Ability to take direction well and work well with others.
- Previous clothing or garment-related experience.
- Have exceptional guest and client service capabilities.
- Able to work well with different personalities in a fast-paced environment and constant deadlines.
- Able to handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Have exceptional interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Able to work evenings and weekends.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must maintain a neat, well-groomed appearance that conveys professionalism at all times.
- No visible tattoos, facial piercings, unnatural hair colors (i.e. blue, pink, etc.)
- Must be available to work at least five (5) evening events per week; including all events on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Holidays may also be included.
- Tasks are performed with moderate supervision.
- Walking & standing occurs 90% of the time (4-6 hours per shift).
- Ability to lift 50 or more pounds
- Employee may be scheduled to work until 12:00am or later.
- Employee should use precautions & follow safety guidelines.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum and AEG Facilities are committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today’s business climate.