AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
This position is responsible for the set-up, operation, maintenance, organization, and deployment of all broadcast, audio, video and video board services and equipment at NYCB LIVE, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. This position also requires a well-rounded individual who can work independently and as a part of a team to carry out hands-on technical responsibilities.
- Effectively deploy audio and video cabling and equipment for timely and flawless execution of any event requiring technical services
- Operate any and all technical video and audio equipment needed throughout NYCB LIVE
- Work closely with the event and facilities teams to prepare for all games & special events
- Prepare, set and test all A/V equipment ahead of events start time to ensure all proper functionality
- Operation of advanced audio and sound system technology for events and press conferences
- Set up field microphones for events and ceremonies and help oversee part-time audio staff
- Extensive installation and/or minor repair/replacement of systems and equipment such as TV’s and amplifiers
- Perform routine maintenance to A/V equipment and maintain a clean, labeled, and organized inventory of equipment and tools
- Set up, install, maintain and manage all portable multimedia equipment
- Maintain an inventory and maintenance log of all A/V equipment
- At least three years of experience in a similar role or related field, with an associates or bachelors degree in audio or video technology or, a combination of relevant education and experience
- Working knowledge of stadium audio systems, portable audio setups, PC and Mac operating systems, video cameras, wireless microphones, intercom systems.
- Knowledge of AV integration and installation
- Familiar with cable pulling, rack wiring, and termination techniques as well as basic soldering skills
- Good communication, time management, project management and organizational skills a must.
- Attention to detail and experience working in a team oriented environment required.
- Must be able to troubleshoot technical issues under pressure
- Must possess a very strong technical background
- Must possess a “self-starter”, entrepreneurial personality
- Must have aptitude to function in a sometimes repetitive environment
- Ability to work long hours covering games and events at NYCB LIVE during nights, weekends, and holidays
Preferred Experience With The Following Systems:
- Ross Video: Carbonite Switchers, NK Routers, Open Gear, Dashboard
- Daktronics LED Boards and Control Systems
- Allen & Heat QU and SQ Digital Mixers
- Clear Com and RTS Intercom Systems
- Dante Audio Networking
- HiQnet Audio Architect
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Chyron Lyric Pro
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum and AEG Facilities are committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today’s business climate.