AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Human Resources Receptionist is the first point of contact for guests and other visitors of NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum and will be responsible for providing impeccable customer service. The candidate must have a pleasant and inviting demeanor and be a motivated self-starter with an unparalleled work ethic and desire to be the best.
Primary responsibilities will include answering NYCB Live's main telephone lines, directing calls, taking and relaying messages, providing venue and event-related information to callers, greeting persons entering the office, and directing individuals to the correct destinations. This role will also serve as primary point of contact during events, responding to guests’ questions, comments, and complaints over the phone. In addition, this role encompasses administrative duties such as filing, photocopying, directing phone calls, and assisting Human Resources and other department managers as needed. The incumbent will be given projects and tasks that are generated through the Human Resources department.
- Meets and greets visitors, clients, vendors, job applicants, employees, and others with a high degree of professionalism and courtesy.
- Operates a multiple-call telephone console and routes calls to the appropriate person or location within the arena and external corporate office.
- Provides general clerical and administrative support to all levels of professionals. Work includes, but is not limited to, scheduling appointments, organizing meetings, and maintaining appointment diary either electronically or manually.
- Assists with preparing letters and documents including receiving, responding and sorting out e-mails and deliveries received.
- Confirms locations, attendees and times for internal and external meetings when instructed.
- Stocks kitchen pantry in the executive office, administrative offices, and employee break room.
- Partners with the Executive Assistant as well as others within the organization to align best practices and provide a seamless experience for internal and external interactions.
- Uses excellent customer service skills and positive attitude when interacting with guests, vendors and employees. Responds to guest complaints, questions, information requests and concerns, and effectively and calmly interacts with angry or emotional guests and employees when/if needed.
- Assists with mass new hire orientations including the I-9 verification process, mass hire file submission, and auditing that the new hire paperwork has been properly completed.
- Assists with upkeep and organization of the executive office storage room.
- Maintain company confidentiality and proprietary information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of 1-2 years of related work experience
- Reliable, punctual, and regular in attendance with good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand English in a working environment.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Ability to take direction well and work well with others.
- Must maintain a neat appearance that conveys professionalism at all times.
- Must be available to work at least three days and evening events per week.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum and AEG Facilities are committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today’s business climate.