AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Box Office Ticket Sellers at NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum will assist customers with ticket purchases and distribute will-call tickets to customers for various sporting events and concerts. Ticket Sellers will provide daily event support to the box office management team, and work alongside the box office lead and other team members. Sellers will also inform customers of NYCB Live information (i.e. upcoming events, ticket availability, event selection, venue amenities, etc.) At the close or end of his/her shift, Ticket Sellers will reconcile all sales and will-call receipts. This is a part-time hourly union position.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
- Ability to accurately and effectively handle cash transactions or other payment methods such as credit cards, checks, and money orders.
- Ability to demonstrate commitment and willingness to provide excellent customer service to both external and internal customers.
- Use excellent customer service skills and display a positive attitude when interacting with guests, vendors, and employees.
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs, such as Microsoft Office.
- Answer incoming calls as necessary and reply to general box office messages and inquiries.
- Effectively and calmly interact with emotional and/or angry internal and external guests to resolve customer service issues.
- Maintain professional level of appearance of self in box office working environment.
- Provide direct training of newly hired personnel during designated shift.
- Provide any further assistance as required under the direction of the Box Office Managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Above average communication skills, both written and verbal, as this position requires considerable interaction with box staff and guests.
- Highly organized and resourceful, with the ability to multi-task.
- Previous experience with Ticketmaster system strongly preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle highly sensitive documentation, such as credit card information.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from NYCB Live.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and understand English in a working environment.
- Bi-lingual communication skills is a plus.
- Ability to take direction well and work well with others.
- Must maintain a neat, well-groomed appearance that conveys professionalism at all times.
- Must be able to work at least four (4) events per week, which can include weekdays, evenings, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum and AEG Facilities are committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today’s business climate.