AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Assistant Manager, Box Office performs a variety of administrative planning, direction and policy implementation within the department. The individual assists with day-to-day management and operation of the box office to ensure the highest quality service program is offered and serves as back-up to the Manager in his/her absence. This position requires dependability and reliability by being punctual, working assigned and varying shifts, and completing responsibilities in a timely manner. The individual must maintain a positive and professional manner and appearance while working with the public. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Co-manage the monthly box office department scheduling and closely monitor staffing budget.
- Schedule and assign work to employees using ABI MasterMind.
- Monitor the staffing budget as it pertains to event staffing settlements (i.e. the number of staff and number of hours they are permitted to work based on the agreement with the promoter) as well as general overhead for non-event shifts.
- Work with Box Office Management to train and manage part-time staff.
- Provide direction and managerial support for Ticketmaster Host and Archtics computerized programming for all events.
- Training and directing ticket sellers on ticketing software at the venue.
- Assist with troubleshooting and answering internal questions pertaining to the software.
- Audit and reconcile large volume of cash and credit card transactions.
- Assist in accurate event and ticket-related reporting on all NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum events.
- Assist Box Office Team with processing, printing of all internal/external Premium Services and Sales ticket requests.
- Perform Box Office Group Sales duties as needed.
- Provide assistance and resolution to all ADA and customer service related needs.
- Assist with printing of pertinent reports for all event show files.
- Other tasks as assigned
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) in Sports recreation, Accounting, or related field.
- A minimum of three years of related work experience.
- Archtics and Ticketmaster Host background and experience required.
- Experience in customer service is essential.
- Must have a legal right to work in the US.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability to read, write, and understand English in a working environment.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in various parts of the facility.
- Must be detail-oriented and have effective multitasking skills.
- Must possess a high degree of interpersonal and customer service skills necessary to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
- Ability to work in various climates based on the environment.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum and AEG Facilities are committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today’s business climate.