AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Assistant Manager of Security will assist Security Management in achieving the goals and objectives of the department. The position will be dedicated to providing an exceptional level of service and operational support. Primary responsibilities will include assisting with the training and management of part-time staff, operating and execution of events, providing administrative support, and delivering optimal customer service to all guests at NYCB Live, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
- Deploy staff for events. Assign appropriate shifts, breaks, and necessary equipment.
- Train staff in basic Guest Service and Security skills. Actively monitor staff interactions with NYCB Live venue guests, clients, artists/athletes, and employees at all events to ensure a safe, secure, comfortable entertainment experience for all.
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff. Serve as mentor/coach to all Security employees.
- Provide timely, appropriate feedback to staff on performance, both positive and corrective. Effectively communicate escalated employee issues to Security Management Team.
- Administer appropriate performance reviews, counseling and corrective action documentations as needed to ensure compliance of NYCB Live company/department policies.
- Exhibit the ability to accept responsibility for the performance & conduct of the entire security team assigned to the deployment.
- Exhibit leadership qualities, motivate staff & lead by example.
- Administer deployments and set staff positioning.
- Working knowledge of a Time Management System scheduling software, (i.e. ABI).
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Resolve escalated security situations, providing appropriate warnings and complete ejections/arrests if warranted/necessary.
- Ensure enforcement and compliance of the venue’s Event Policies at all times.
- Assist with directional and informational inquiries. Serve as escalation point for complaints/issues.
- Appropriately document all major/minor incidents.
- Represent NYCB Live and the Security Department in an exemplary manner.
- Apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems in order to successfully perform and direct varied & complex tasks.
- Perform a variety of duties often changing from one task to another of a different nature without the loss of efficiency or composure.
- A BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred) in Criminal Justice, Sports Management or related
- A minimum of two years of experience as a Security professional
- Must have the ability to stand, sit in one location for a minimum of four hours at a time, crouch, and bend throughout the course of daily activities.
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
- The ability to demonstrate dependability and reliability by being punctual, working assigned and varying shifts, and completing responsibilities in a timely manner are required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must have the ability to read, write, and understand English in a working environment.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in various parts of the facility.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum and AEG Facilities are committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today’s business climate.