AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Assistant Manager, Arena Operations will be responsible for supervising day-to-day facility operations of the NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum during events and non-event times. The incumbent will assist the Arena Operations department with planning and implementation of associated work tasks as well as supervise the full and part-time staff to ensure proper completion.
- Support and assist the department with staffing plans; recruiting, training, and evaluating departmental personnel and service providers.
- Responsible for processing payroll in ABI MasterMind for all hourly Operations Crew members.
- Respond promptly to all hourly Operations Crew staff scheduling and payroll inquires.
- Assist the department with the planning, organizing and supervising all activities and personnel engaged in day-to-day operations.
- Review event notes and pre-event memos to create weekly calendars that will assist the Arena Operations Management Team in the set-up and strike of various event spaces throughout NYCB Live.
- Maintain and update Arena Operations employee forms, directories, and databases.
- Preparing projected Event Cost Estimate/Analysis for specific areas of responsibility.
- Provide assistance with monitoring cost accounting expenses for overall budget including but not limited to house equipment rental, supplies and services purchased, event supervision, and staff.
- Log all Employee Corrective Action in ABI MasterMind.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year); preferably in Sports/Entertainment Management
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience
- Must have a continuous drive and passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests, employees, tenants and teams.
- Must be detail oriented, flexible, and able to work with enthusiasm and professionalism at all times, through a variety of circumstances, using good judgment.
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays when necessary
- Must have a positive attitude and be willing to contribute and learn at all times.
- The ability to demonstrate dependability and reliability by being punctual, working assigned and varying shifts and completing responsibilities in a timely manner are required.
- Must have the ability to stand, sit, crouch and bend throughout the course of daily activities.
- Ability to work in various climates based on the environment.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and understand English in a working environment.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in various parts of the facility.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum and AEG Facilities are committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today’s business climate.