AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Network Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day support of the NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum IP Network Infrastructure. The incumbent will work with Management to develop costs and technical assessments for new builds and life cycle refreshes specific to Sports and Entertainment.
- Provide network monitoring and analysis for optimization strategies designed to improve network performance
- Work with various 3rd parties to facilitate, manage and execute any special event IT requirements
- Assist and support team members in resolving any operation issues that impact clients
- Monitor network device logs to mitigate and trend potential issues or threats
- Track and document network changes with proper Visio diagrams and spreadsheets
- Research and report on new IT Industry trends
- Rack, stack, lift IT equipment up to 50 pounds, travel domestically, work extended hours and participate in a 24/7 on-call schedule
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum education level of BA/BS Degree (4-year) in Information Technology or related area
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of related work experience
- Extensive network management and “ground up” troubleshooting experience
- Experience with LAN protocols/services including Ethernet, TCP/IP STP, VTP, VLANs, multicasting etc.
- Experience with WAN architectures including OSPF, HSRP, BGP, VRF, etc.
- Experience with Network Security devices and best practices
- Experience with Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Experience with Voice over IP and PRI circuits
- Experience with IPTV distribution
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange
- Experience with MPLS, BGP, Frame-Relay, OC, SONET, ATM, PPP, Metro-E, CWDM, DWDM and other ISP solutions
- Excellent Time Management and Project planning skills
- Experience designing and budgeting for new network installs or life cycle refreshes
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong cognitive understanding and development of policy and procedures
- Experience with PCI compliance
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Must have hand-on experience with Cisco Nexus Switches NX-OS, Cisco Catalyst Switches, Cisco ASRs and ISR G2s, VMWare Virtual Switching, and Cisco UCS
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary
- The ability to demonstrate dependability and reliability by being punctual, working assigned and varying shifts and completing responsibilities in a timely manner are required
- Must have the ability to stand, sit, crouch, and bend throughout the course of daily activities
- Ability to work in various climates based on the environment
- Must have the ability to stand or sit in one location for a minimum of four hours at a time
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in various parts of the facility
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
NYCB Live, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum and AEG Facilities are committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today’s business climate.